Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want my hair to be ash once & for all!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blondie88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want my hair to be ash once & for all!
    Posted: July 07 2005 at 6:47am

My hair is naturally a dark blonde. About 3-4 years ago I started lightening it with SunIn - my hair went a medium goldish orange. :S The only thing I could do to fix it (being only 15) was put in strands of blonde from my mother's haircolour in secret (lol!), and use a purple shampoo to tone it. But even though I've tried all the best toning shampoos out there, nothing gives me a good effect.

Earlier this year in march I had a half head of foils put in - in dark blonde and light ash blonde - but it was only a demi (which my hairdresser didn't tell me at first!) Anyway all those foils have faded.. and all I want to do is have my hair more ash coloured. I tried Wella coloursoft semi in light ash blonde, and it worked quite well! It toned my hair nicely, but it was a bit too dark and faded in a week.

Last week I did a strand test (in foil) with Clairol N&E in medium ash blonde, on the underside of my hair where it was a darker more goldish colour, and it came out a nice ash, but too dark. I also did 2 strand tests with Clairol N&E in light ash blonde, on the underside of my hair it came out orange, and on the top (where it's lighter), it didn't change anything but made it more orange.

What should I do? I'm on a tight budget and can't see a hairdresser. Should I do more strand tests? Or do the underside of my hair in the medium ash blonde, and put light ash blonde streaks through the top? My regrowth is ALWAYS showing - even when I had my foils done. Actually it seems to be blending in with the rest of my hair now.. I must admit my hair seems alot darker than it did a year ago, which is unfortunate since I wanted it all to be a light-medium "natural", ie ash, blonde.

Help? :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic