Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Braids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
diversiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diversiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braids
    Posted: July 07 2005 at 9:54pm

Hello Everybody ...

I just got my braids put in and even tho I know this is not a braid board, I was wondering if you ladies would be able to assist me (yet again...)I tried reading about the crown and glory technique and while the new site has basically the same information, the old site where the crown and glory technique was more detailed when explaining how to take care of braids. And Im not following this new one so....

This is only the second time in my life that Ive had braids and I was wondering for those of you with more experience - whats the best way to maximize growth while my hair is resting in the braids? I wasn't planning on changing any of my moisturizers, oils, massages, cleansers and proteins - but I was wondering if there was anything more I could do or how I can handle the braids and my hair so it grows healthy, long and strong in this resting period. Is there a new or specific regimen I should be implementing?

Anyone?

D.

Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 10:06pm

Make sure to wash your braids once a week or every two weeks, and moisturize them often. Thats really the basics of braid care. Also wear a satin or silk scarf at night to keep the braids looking fresh & to prevent fuzziness. 

*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic