Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RK INSTALL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 9:49pm
Alexia the higher the ponytail the more difficult to do. I can put a low ponytail or a meduim high pony no problem but a real high pony I find difficult. As long as you keep the wefts  far enough away from hair lines the low or medium pony is easy to do. Ive found it the same with strand by strand too. I have pictures of everything if you want to see anything Alexia just let me know! Maybe Ill just send you the link to my album, cause Im sure all these pics are getting old! LOL
Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 9:56pm

is the reason why the higher ponytail is so high because the weft is horizontal and the hair lies vertical soo trying to pull the hair horizontal is hard and may cause alot of bumps in the hair, discomfort, etc? When applying the wefts, does it look weird if you apply them angled? lol again sorry for all the questions I hope Im not annoying by now  thanx soo much 4 ur help

Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 10:05pm

I think once the hair has some growth and the weft isnt so close to the scalp its a little easier to do a higher ponytail. But yeah, when the bonds are new and really close to the root its uncomfortable to pull up a high pony, and sometimes the hair doesnt lay right especially in the thinner areas like the sides above the ears.

I dont know about putting the wefts at an angle. I seen pictures of some done that way once, but I cant remember how it looked. Id think it would lay funny with the hair down...I dont know?

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 5:27am
I wear a high ponytail with glued in wefts by first, taking my hand and flattening the weft UPWARDS and pulling my real hair from the sides over to cover. Hope that makes sense. I'm off to work and I just found my camera so I will post pics when I get home late tonite or eary am.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 6:17am
Thanks Elvira, once my wefts are loosened a little and have grown to where the are not so tight to the root then its easier to do a higher pony, put right now its uncomfortable! yeah post a pic!
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 7:46am
you can angle wefts to put the hair into the direction of your face etc :)
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 11:08am
My  wefts are installed vertically. I guess that's similar to angle-ing. And I do a 'hershey kiss' pony, with my hairline hair covering. It also gives lift to the hair, sort of like the hair is cascading down on your back. 

Edited by Koffee Brown
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 12:34pm
could you post some pics?? to me that sounds like its against the laws of physics, lol ok Im exagerating but it sounds like an awesome idea, I just dont see how it could work tho. that would be perfect if its possible =) yay im excited
Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 4:54pm
oOo and what is a hershey kiss pony? I have absolutely no idea  lol its probably obvious isnt it?
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 6:06pm
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 6:54pm
hey elvira the pictures are small and hard to tell what Im looking at...
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 7:56pm
Ya know Sherrie, I can't take a picture of the back of my head for the life of me, and I was trying to copy/paste but that didn't work, so I have to try something else. I know someone posted using photobucket so I'll give that a try. Sorry!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 8:08pm
Hey Elvira, hold the camera over the top of your head and angle it down just a little. And if you can do it in bright light but no flash it works best.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 8:16pm

woooooo I took a shower and I feel alive and clean! Now Im all hyper but tired cuz its getting late. Its really weird and Im really loopy  lol, I feel happy anywayz if I didnt scare everybody with that comment, I would love to know how it is possible to put in the wefts vertically or angled around your face and still have a good blend. Vertical would be awesome on the sides and horizontal in the back so a higher ponytail would be easier. Does anybody have any info or pics of how to put in wefts angled or vertically?

Sherrie, how are you and your hair 2day?

Elvira(sp?) what you said with the higher ponytail makes perfect sense. is it comfortable?

Edited by Alexia81189
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 8:16pm

I have tried every whichway! Are you using one or two mirrors? Duh!

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 8:24pm
Look on the first page of this threat at my install, you can see how I took the picture from the top of my head
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 7:25pm

Alexia, sorry I missed your question, I wear my hair up for work all the time and it's very comfortable. The talk about the hershey kiss ponytail is making me crave chocolate!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic