Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

keeping newly dyed hair color last

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
saku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: keeping newly dyed hair color last
    Posted: July 13 2005 at 12:35pm
hi everyone!

I've just dyed my hair for the first time, 5 days ago. I really want to keep the color i have and not have it fade out. I've been looking at my hair everyday and noticed its not as bright as it was.

I haven't washed my hair yet and I was wondering what hair color shampoo and conditioner is good to keep my color fresh! I live in toronto, so preferably something i can find easily.  Also, is there some special process like co-washing (conditioner) my hair everyday but  wash (shampoo) every other day? I usually just  wash my hair once a week (before dyed).
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 2:23pm
Try finding a color shampo for the hair color that you just colored (don't know what color you have) And also get a conditioner for colored hair.
Did you use permanent color or semi/demi permanent?
If you colored it red than that will fade quicker then most. If you have colored your hair much in the past your hair could be porous and not holding the color. In that case try using a semi/demi color next time you color. It will still fade but it will cover evenly, and at least its not damaging your hair.
trim2laff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trim2laff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 8:04pm
I use the Suave Professionals Color Care Shampoo and Conditioner on my color treated hair.  It is comparable to Biolage Color Care.  Not only is it designed to help keep your color, but both products also have UV protection in them to keep the sun from affecting the color.  Another product that is good for color is the Pantene line for Reds, Brunettes and Blondes.  They have shampoo, conditioner and styling products for every shade.  Hope this helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic