Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A few dumb questions... lol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tiramisu2c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiramisu2c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few dumb questions... lol
    Posted: July 13 2005 at 10:03pm
I live on Long Island, NY, and I keep reading "Sally's" on here. 
Can someone tell me what Sally's is?  LOL, I am wondering... is it just like a shop with stacks of hair dyes?  And is it all over the country?? 

Also, more importantly, can someone explain to me EXACTLY what color fix does?  I thought that colorfix and bleaching were the same thing, but I guess not. 
Is it just a color stripper?  Does it take your hair back to how it was before you colored? 

What if I used OTC products for hi-lights, dyed over it, OTC lightened, hi-lighted again, then OTC colored over it (darker, because it was orange)?  Is there any way to get it back to how it was before I dyed  dark to cover up the orange?

Also, I used ammonia-free color by Herbal Essences...I thought this would be better.  Could someone explain to me exactly how it works if it has no ammonia?  Was it a better choice?
I don't really understand all of the "Lingo" but I'm trying to.  Thanks!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 10:52pm
sally's is a beauty supply store.and they are all over the place.I'm sure there is one near you too if you look in your phone book..Colorfix is not the same as bleach.You have the right idea about it though.It does remove haircolor,but it doesnt leave you with your natural color.It strips the color out.The results are different for everyone depending on what dye or dyes are on your hair.Usually it leaves your hair an orangey color,which is why you are supposed to dye after using it.It doesnt bleach at all.And as far as getting your color back,i would reccomend a color correctionist only because your results  are going to be too unpredictable from doing so much.But if decide to do it yourself make sure you do lots of strand tests.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic