Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlighting??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pamms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlighting??
    Posted: July 14 2005 at 1:29am

I'm not sure what sort of highlighting I should be using, or if maybe I should go with color instead.  I have straight, fine hair...natural color a dirty blond/light brown.  I want to hide the fact that I have gray mixed in there!  I have gone in a couple times and had the cap highlights done and I am pleased with the color...maybe would like to be more blonde, but when I got the roots done last time, I wasn't happy with it.  It seemed like in some spots the retouching 'missed' and didn't match up with where the highlights were before.  I hope that makes sense.  I am now way overdue to get those roots done again and I'm not sure what to ask for.  I tried foiling before, but I didn't like the 'stripe' effect.  I want to LOOK as natural as possible....AND I'd like it to be easy to maintain as I do have a habit of waiting too long ;-)

Oh, and my hair is currently cut all one length, a couple inches below chin length. oh...AND, I never part it in the same place twice, so where the highlights fall changes all the time.

Any good ideas?

Thank you!!

Pam

Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 7:32am

If u get foils done professionally by a good colorist then the foils shouldn't be stripy and they should know how to do a good job of the root regrowth.

Make sure the strands u take aren't too thick which can lead to the hi lights looking stripey and unnatural!

pamms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 2:37pm

I called a local salon that has colorists (she said they have 3) and made an appt.  They are going to look at what I already have and then suggest what I should do.  She even mentioned that if I have a lot of blonde already from the highlights then they might recommend dying it back to the natural color and then adding highlights.  That sounds like a lot of processing to me, but we'll see.  My appt. is Saturday.

Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 5:29pm
Well so far its sounds good!  Best of luck!
pamms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 5:31pm

Now what??!

I went in today and had the colorist work on my hair.  She ended up doing the cap highlights again AND after she took the cap off, she took the same solution and just sort of painted it on some of the root areas and left that on for just a minute and rinsed it right off to lighten the roots.  After she styled it and everything, it was lighter, and more of it was light than I anticipated, but I THINK I like the color BUT....now my head has horizontal stripes of dark under the top layer of blonder.  It really shows quite a bit around the top of my head in the back.  If you fluff it JUST right it hides it, but not for long!  I told her I thought I was seeing that and she didn't seem to 'see' it, but I've come home washed my hair, conditioned it twice and it seems more obvious to me now that my hair isn't all fluffed and hairsprayed.  She said to come back in if I still didn't like it in a day or 2, but I just don't know what she can do about it.  My hair is already feeling damaged, esp. in the back :-(   ....I guess that is always the dilemma...should I go back to the person that messed it up to start with or pay to go to someone else?  What can she do about it?  Since I'm pretty blonde now..at least in my opinion...would I have been better off to just color it?  It's so frustrating to go in and pay a bunch of money in hopes of looking better and to come out with problems!

ANy advice?

Pam

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic