Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Selling 2 packs of deepwave RK hair LONG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selling 2 packs of deepwave RK hair LONG
    Posted: July 14 2005 at 4:08am

Hi. If anybody is interested, I have 2 packages of RK deepwave hair which I plan on putting on ebay unless someone here wants to buy it.  It's #2 deepwave and its majorly long. 28 inches handtied.  Both packages still have the little golden holder things that they put on them to keep them wrapped.  One has never been washed and still has the tag that says what kind of hair it is still on it. The other has the golden thingies on it still but its been washed or dampened at least, can't remember.  I got my Nature Girl hair and am putting that in instead.  

I order 4 deep wave and really won't be needing them all. 

I might have a package of superwavy available to sell too. If you're interested let me know.

This NatureGirl hair is DIVINE!  If you like really curly hair, this stuff is the way to go.  I can't believe how beautiful and soft it is and shed free!

Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 6:09pm
yeah Cherry! I never love the naturegirls too!!
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 8:18pm
The stuff is soooo expensive but it's sooo nice. It's sooo light!  So far it's by far the most wonderful curly hair I have come across.  How long did yours last? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 9:27pm
i purchased in June 04 and i just reused some of the hair last week. I wore it for about 7 months (on and off) last year.  And looks like it's gonna carry me thru the summer this year too.
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 10:37pm

Oh wow! For real?! I'm so excited!  How did the wefts look when you took them out? Did you have any problems at all while your wore it?  After seeing this hair, I think I'll be less tempted to buy other hair. I've heard sometimes it gets a bit dry and big.  I got it put in today and it did seem a bit dry by the end of the day.  Have any tips on maintaining it?  I LOVE it though.. I've never worn anything like this!  I can't believe how much lighter it feels on my head than my crappy old hair from the wig store. I found my holy grail hair!

Flamingo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamingo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 3:16am

Hi Cherrycoke/Koffee Brown

Do you have any pics of the naturegirl hair?

Which type of curl did you get and length?

I'm planning on buying some of this hair soon but can't decide between 3c or 3b.

Would love to see some pics of this hair if you have any

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 5:59pm

I got mostly 24 inches, then they recommended I get a few 20 and 22 for the top. Im glad I did because it looks really nice with the shorter pieces on top. I got 3b.

I can't see how anyone can NOT like nature girl.  It's the curly hair all curly haired people wished they had. The curls are perfect. It doesn't shed. The curls are these delicious chubby curls. They are wonderful! It's soo soft.  The only complaint I could have was my hair was HELL to color.  We had to process it so many times.  Naturegirl recommended Color Experte by Loreal.  It didn't do anything. They say usually it works for everyone else. I used it on some other indian hair and it took but my nature girl was very difficult to color.  My friend also got a hold of some indian hair some place else that was very difficult to color.  We wound up doing a soap cap like somebody recommended here and although it brought it up to brown it did take a long time and some of them are more red than others.  All mixed up though I am very happy with the overall result.  Nature girl customer service was superb.  The woman I chatted with answered all my zillions of questions. And I asked a LOT! I was pretty scared about spending this much money on hair, but I am so glad I did. I LOVE this stuff!  Next time, I am going to have someone else who has experience coloring nature girl color it for me, because I about had a stroke coloring this hair and freaking out taht I was damaging it.  With as many times this poor hair was recolored, I'm amazed by how soft it still is.  Here are some pics of it.

http://public.fotki.com/cherrycoke/the_nature_girl

You can wear it a lot curlier than how it is in the pictures with product.  I only have leave in conditioner in these pics.  I still have to learn how to do it and what products and what amount to use.  The color looks a bit strange in the photos for some reason. It's a medium dark brown with some red in it. I don't know why it looks so strange in some of the pics.

I think you will be happy with this hair. Most of the indian hair you get will not be curly enough.  I also found it to be kind of too shiny and slick to blend well with my hair. This stuff is so much like my hair..MINUS my frizz and split hairs. I don't really have split ends..I sorta have curls with shorter hairs popping out. Frizzy curls.  Any frizz you see in these pics..is where my hair is showing through.

I haven't worn it long enough to know how well it holds out but I have heard nothing but raving reviews.  My hairdresser pissed me off and didn't follow my directions about tieing resized wefts and not putting her needle through. I had to watch her like a hawk and tell her to retie and to stop handling my precious NatureGirl so harshly. She has skills but she is used to working with cheap hair.  It's an investment and if it lasts as long as they say, I really think its worth it. I am definitely one very satisfied customer.  Oh, I know Im ranting..but I am so excited about this hair right now. :)  I also like the fact that it's women who wear extensions and weaves who are getting my money and not some chinese mafia or those sleazy looking guys on the indian sites.  The woman I talked to was really nice, funny and understanding.

Flamingo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamingo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 6:51am

Thanks for the indepth info Cherrycoke! Very much appreciated

I luv the hair! its very pretty and the curls look so natural.

I'm interested to see what their colour collection is going to be like. They were supposed to launch their colour collection on the 15/07/05 but so far nothing.

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 7:05am
How much would you want for the two packages?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 12:38pm
beautiful locks Cherry! U got me wanting to order more naturegirl. Is that all 3b u got, and did u get all same 'texture'? (is it smooth or coarse surface texture). 
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 12:55pm
Cherry:
 Ok, I'm being nosey in your bathroom here .. but in that NG pix, do i see some Curl Keeper on the shelf behind you? How do u like that? I had been thinking about ordering some from Nc.com, and then I notice that NGirl now carries it, so it must be da bomb huh?? Lemme know. tia
K-B
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 1:48pm
Oh poo.  if it was straight I'd be all over it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 7:34pm

Zapevah, I was thinking about just selling them for what I got them for $50 each I believe except I won't charge anything for shipping. I originally paid the $50 each plus the $40 shipping.  I'm open to negotiate though.

Koffee, I've got so many hair products for curly hair.  I have an ENTIRE little closet full of reject products. Yes that is Curl keeper. I like it. It really defines curls but it does make your hair a bit crispy if you use a lot.  I usually use it more for the curls around my face that I really want defined because I really hate crispy hair throughout all my hair.  I like their leave in conditioner and spray in detangler No-slip a lot.

I ordered it all 3b smooth but I also sent her pictures of people with curls I wanted and they kind of hand picked it to match. They are different textures though but they mix perfectly.  I think for the most part it's a smoother texture, but their smooth texture is still a lot more textured than normal indian hair.

Flamingo, yes I am looking forward to see them open their coloring service because I had such difficulties getting the black out.  It was for harder to color than the indian hair I have colored. 

Oh today I had to go to an outdoor function and it was soo incredibly hot and humid. With my old crappy hair, I would have been a matted tangled sweaty mess. None of that today! This stuff actually bounces in the wind. It looked awesome in spite of the humidity, it did get a bit bigger, but that's about it. 

Edited by cherrycoke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 8:18pm
yeah baby! Cherry, that's what i love about NG curly hair too. It bounces and moves even when i'm in the gym going on 2hrs training.  It actually seems to get flatter (instead of bigger and boofy) when u perspire.  Go figure.. but i love it. Same goes for dancing.. NG hair just bounces around w/ you on the dance floor.  I actually ended up putting some [recycled mixed with new] Bliss curly in this time, until i figure out how(if) i'm gonna use this RK and indianhair

Edited by Koffee Brown
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 8:26pm

Which do you like best..Bliss or Nature Girl?  Did you have any problems with matting near the very top of the wefts with NG?  When you brush did you always get a few hairs in your comb? I do get a few..but it's very few.

I'm used to wearing nasty stuff like Hollywood. My hair NEVER bounced or flittered in the air when I walked. When I put it in a ponytail to work out it was like a pendulum swinging back and forth pounding on my back. I'm in hair heaven right now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 8:31pm
i prefer NGirl to Bliss. The Bliss wefts are thicker tho, if u like that. I didn't get any matting on my wefts, but I think I remember someone else mentioned SOME of their NG wefts matted at the band.

Oh, and i nver work out in a ponytail when I have NG hair. I like the loose bouncy look in the gym. . Sometimes i do ponytail when i have to, if i'm lifting or something.

EDIT: I had some NG wefts that were destroyed when I took them out, but I think that was from putting needle thru, and rough handling when removing tracks. Overall i had in about 12 wefts and i lost about 2 that were tattered.

Edited by Koffee Brown
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 3:28pm

I can't believe it. I worked out last night hard with my hair down and had no tangles and it's 24 inches long! This stuff is amazing!

Oh Koffee, little FYI do NOT try Redken Fresh curls spin control.  I just got some and its soooooo stinky!!!  BAD Stinky! It smells like cheap man's cologne! REALLY cheap man's cologne.

I've used a lot of redken products and love them. But this is the worse!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic