Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ok sticky hair any help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xoxsn0whitexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ok sticky hair any help?
    Posted: July 14 2005 at 10:23am
Ok well i had to dye my hair back to my original color, blonde because i put lowlights in it and didnt like it, but NOW after i wash my hair and I start to blow dry it, my hair gets really sticky and hard to brush and i feel like its ripping out my hair.  What happened was I had to dye my hair the top part and then when i did not all of it dyed blonde, but i dyed it with a bleach and then i used a toner so it wouldnt be so light, but still not all of the brown was out, so i went back to sallys and they said to just dye the top again and use a toner becuse it would be so white..anyways hair turned out fine, BUT like i said its sticky whenever it starts to get dry, but its only after i wash it, like after i finally blow dry it and straighten it, its not bad and like it is fine then, BUT i dont know if there is something else? I tried using different shampoos and conditioners and a deep conditioner...any answers? Thanks!
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 10:44am
Bad sign, bad sign. You fried your hair and it's a goner.

You've already done what I would have recommended.

There is a pixie haircut in your future. Sorry.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 10:48am
well  i am not cutting my hair lol no way...and its only near the ends anyways...but when i let it air dry, its fine, and then i just straighten it, i guess ill just let it keep growing out because its been getting better gradually i just dont wash my hair as much.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 11:06am
That's not so bad, but you'll probably find it easier to manage if you plan to trim 1/2" a month til the damage is gone.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 12:18pm
Do not use blowdryers on it!!! and brush it VERY carefully, and don't brush it all the time. Avoid putting it into anything harsh like ponytails.
I've experiences somewhat similar things, but my hair never got sticky. (thank god)
It was very weak in parts where my highlights were overdone but those broke off and I do have short pieces in my hair, however you can not notice them and my hair is silky and soft and long.

Just don't blow dry it and yes, brushign it when it drys makes you not notice the brekage as much. I brush mine wet, very carefully..

being careful is the key. I haven't had it cut since I got it bleached, I have no split ends. LOL

~* Bambi Lee *~
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 12:20pm
Oh and do you u se pantene? I've used it since I've had the accident.... it works good, keeps my hair very shiny and healthy looking, (however it may not be.)
I am using Pantene Blonde Expressions, it works VERY good, however if you are a very light blonde, don't get the golden bottle cause it will make ur hair gold... meh.

~* Bambi Lee *~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 1:18pm
ok well see its only in like a few spots that its sticky and it only does it like right before its almost dry if i use a hair dryer, if i let it air dry im fine, i think its my water or something maybe not getting all the shampoo or conditioner out but im not sure, but when i use a lot of leave in conditioner its fine it eases it up a lot.  I use the main and tale shampoo on my hair but i use Aussie products to condition it...i dunno i just thought it was weird, it doesnt look like its fried it just feels like shampoo or conditioner is stuck in there
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 5:38pm
May i suggest an intensive leave-in conditioner?
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 4:07am
I had the same problem as you when I bleached mine, I had to cut the ends of. The problem doesn't just go away. If you just cut the tiniest bit of you will notice a big difference over time.. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic