Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Going Blonde...AGAIN!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xktoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xktoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going Blonde...AGAIN!
    Posted: July 16 2005 at 9:26pm
I used to have blonde hair but now it's reddish-brown. I really really want to be blonde again. I think it would look go up against my tan skin and would be less maintenece for summer. The question being, since I really want to do it at home because of salons charging so much, which hair color REALLY makes it light blonde and STAYS blonde even when your hair is dark? I don't want it to turn out orange. Thanks
::Only you can judge how beautiful you are::
xktoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xktoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 11:32pm
I also would like to mention that I want it like the color in my avatar
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 12:13am
If your hair is reddish brown, you're going to have to bleach your hair a lot to get it to the point where you can have the color in your avatar. Box color won't do this.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 9:08am
And don't forget, u prob have to use a color remover before the bleaching.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 9:18am
Originally posted by xktoxo xktoxo wrote:

I used to have blonde hair but now it's reddish-brown.

What's your natural color?

xktoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xktoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 6:12pm
My natural color is dark brown
xktoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xktoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 6:12pm
Do you know how much salons usually charge to so a dye job like Paris'?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 7:01pm
I have no way of guessing how much salons in your area would charge.

If your natural color is brunette, then you will need to remove the color using colorfix, then bleach it very light and tone it to remove any trace of yellow. Your hair may not be able to stand this treatment.

I think you should shop around. The cheapest priced salon may not be your best choice.

beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 8:59pm
You got a long road ahead of you. It is gonna be pretty damaging especially hair that has been bleached in the past. It can be done but don't expect a platinum like your icon. Maybe start off with a medium blonde after color removal (if the colorist knows what she/he is doing or do it yourself) and then gradually go platinum in the next appointment/time. Take it slow is probably the best. I agree with eKatherine, do your research carefully on salons near you for the best color service. It's best to find a person who is a skilled colorist, which is very difficult to find one. If it was up to me, I'd prefer to start slow and lighten to a dark or medium blonde for minimal damage (although it's gonna happen) before attempting platinum at one sitting.

If you really want a Paris white blonde, I heard that Clairol Creme toner White Beige and Wella ColorCharm White Lady are the closest thing to white blonde. Again, I think salon colors are best and only can be obtained at top salons. Good luck!
xktoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xktoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 9:08pm
That is probably true. I have put my hair through a LOT. Maybe I should just get some highlights.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic