Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what is the differance?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Daisyjen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisyjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is the differance?
    Posted: July 17 2005 at 1:07am
What is the differance between Yaki, Remy, Silky?  What does all that mean and which is better for someone with fine thin hair.  I want it to look like MY hair.  I am so confused.....
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 7:12am
Yaki refers to a texture, kind of kinked hair . Remy is used so loosley that when a hair site says remy they can mean many things ( do a search on the word on this site. It should mean unprocesses cuticle intacked. And silky means just that. They can say silky but most times after a wash and the sealents are removed no more silky!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 8:04am

my understanding of 'remy' is that the hair is laying with cuticles all in the same direction. When the hair is cuticlely correct you should not get tangling.....if the hair still has cuticles! But like Marie said the term 'remy' is so loosely used these days that every company can use it to mean something different!

Izabella120578 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Izabella120578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 5:39pm

Yes, sherrie, you are right....

My supplier in China told me, that remy only means that the roots of the hair is laying in the same direction. It does not mean, that the cuticle is intact. Thats why in Germany are so many problems with tangling hair (sold on ebay). The seller only says, that it is remy and there is no tangling. It does not help me that much, if the cuticle is removed  and hair tangles after a few washes, because the silicone is washed off.

On beautymeka I found great hair, remy hair with full cuticle and they also told me, they can deliver hair without that silicone coating... But 3 kg minimum order per color and length is too much for me...

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 1:34pm

Daisy, just order a bag of Bohyme!  From your icon pic, looks like you need the silky straight.

on the *remy* subject... I've also seen in as *remi*  what gives? 

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 5:30pm
Izabella what is the price for 3 kg on that site?
Daisyjen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisyjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 10:40pm
Yep, I'm a white girl...I can't hide it...Silky straight I am.    I do however have a bag of Yacky hair it feels great...I guess it will frizz up pretty bad after I wash it.  I was curious about the price of hair on that site too.  I guess you have to be registered to see prices, and I don't know if I even can since I'm not a hairdresser.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Izabella120578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:42am

Keratin Latex Tip Style

item

Weight

Quantity

20inch/50cm

22inch/55cm

24inch/60cm

100% Human Hair Straight

57g

75pcs

US$26.00

US$29.00

US$32.00

100% Human Hair Wave Style

57g

75pcs

US$29.00

US$32.00

US$35.00

100% European Human Hair

57g

75pcs

US$32.00

US$35.00

US$39.00

This are the prices for beautymeka.com(or net?)

I had some samples, and they are wonderful! No silicone coating and a wonderful natural wave....

And the bondings work great!

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 7:15am
OH wow....I didnt see a shopping cart or anything. How is ordering from them? Is it difficult? Does it take along time? What about fees and how do you pay them?
Daisyjen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisyjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 10:27am

Am I wrong or is that a great price?  I didn't see anyway to order either, Do I have to be a hairdresser to order from them?

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 10:32am
the hair seems quite light, each tip is meant to weigh approx 1 gram
Daisyjen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisyjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 11:00am
I am there now and Ifigured out how to sing in, but for the life of me I can't figure out how they want my birthday typed it....I have tried everything and it is still wrong.  Anybody know?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Izabella120578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 4:08pm

You can only order by mail, and delivery takes up to 45 days.. I know, that is too long, but the hair bundles I have here, is so great...

I talked to him again, he told me I can also order 1 kg per color for this time, but delivery takes too long...... I cannot wait so long...

Weeks ago, he sent me about 8 oz with all colors, just for sample. The hair is fine and very silky. And they don't cover it with silicone, so thats why this is so interesting for me. He has sent me all colors straight and some kind of wavy, natural wave... I was searching for that bundle today, but I have given it to my friend... (stupid I am)

I always pay my suppliers with western union, the fee is about 50 $ and shipping depends on weight...

Daisyjen: I also cannot sign in

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Izabella120578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 4:09pm

I forgot: I can also order some thicker strands like 0.75 gram per strand! 0.5 grams is too thin....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic