Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Here are the stripes I described:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pamms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here are the stripes I described:
    Posted: July 18 2005 at 11:33pm

These are the horizontal stripes that I have from my recent highlighting.  You can see them, even with my hair down, particularly near the top of my head.  What should I do about them?

Pam

pamms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 11:46pm

I was trying to figure out this adding a picture thing so I didn't add much text with the above photo.  I went to a place that said they specialized in color.  I got much more 'blonde' than I was anticipating, but I think I actually like the color...BUT I now have these blotches and horizontal stripes which are embarrassing!  Also, some of my hair seems pretty fried and I've never had that before.  I'm looking for advice on the best way to get this corrected and how to maintain it!

It was a cap highlighting. I had that done before so it was to do long overdue roots and add a little more blonde.  After removing the cap, the stylist painted some of the bleach right on spots of the roots to lighten them.

Thanks!

Pam

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 2:28am
Are the stripes caused by the cap?
More awesome than a manatee!
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 7:40am
I'm surprised that a place that specializes in color would do such a bad job, or even use a cap when the foil technique is so much more reliable.

I think you should take this picture in and tell them to fix it. My guess is they'll use foils.

Edited by eKatherine

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
pamms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 11:24am

When I first went in I really thought she'd use foils but she said she thought the cap would be better.  I called today and spoke to the owner/stylist (not the one that did it) and she is going to call me back today to try to find a time for me to come in.  I am afraid of having more done and I think I am equally afriad of how I can possibly maintain this without having awful looking roots.  I'm a teacher and we go back to school in 2 weeks.  I don't really want to start school and then switch haircolors a few weeks later.  Sigh, I've just never had this many 'issues' with color or highlights before!

Pam

Edited by pamms
irishroyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:31pm

When a stylist uses a cap and then applys the product, if they pull on the hair as they do it, and then release the hair, it will slide back down into the hole and creates a bleed spot, and since she did the pull thru in a line, you have a line of spots, this can be fixed by going over the area with lightener + 20vol but it must be done with foils.

The stylist would take fine partings and apply the lightener + 20vol to the root area ONLY because you do NOT want bleach over bleach.

I'm sorry this happened to you, as a stylist I feel she should have known better.

To find a good stylist, try to find a person who has great highlights you like and ask them where they got them. Good luck!

- Mags Kavanaugh

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic