Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What would you do???(pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katseyesicu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katseyesicu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What would you do???(pics)
    Posted: July 19 2005 at 2:41pm
Hi to you all, i need a bit of advice, for years now i've always had some sort of colour on my hair be it bleach or permanent dye, i managed to grow all the colour out and at the same time i grew my hair about 4" longer then i would normally have it (i was so proud of myself!), i found a style + colour i liked so on tuesday i took my pictures along to the salon for a consultation, we decided that my med brown hair would look nice with a few blond streaks, so i book my appointment for the friday, all was going well until she started drying it i noticed that the ends looked a bit orange so i pointed this out to her and she said that it was the brown in my hair making it look that colour, so i paid and left, well when i got home and had a close look i noticed that it was infact orange on the ends so i phoned her to say i was not happy, she told me to go back so they could take a look, she agreed that it did need more lighting on the ends but she was to busy to do it so she got the junior to do it which i was not happy about but had no choice as i had a wedding to go to in the morning which she new about. they redone my hair and it looked ok but then on closer expectation when i got home i could not believe my eyes i had big patches of blond all underneath on one side and patches of blond and a brassy colour all over the rest, i tried calling again but by this time the salon was shut and not due to open until wednesday, i had no option but to put a semi-permanent red on it myself and hope for the best as i had this wedding to go to, i don't want to let this drop but when i go back on wednesday my hair will be red, i have taken some photos of it which i will take back with me but were do i stand in getting my money back as i don't want them touching my hair again, i would rather take the £70.00 i paid and go somewhere else. What can i do?? what would you do?? i took these photos the same day i had it done.
                           Hope someone has some advice for me 

Edited by katseyesicu
irishroyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:02pm
 Once you altered it, you won't get your money back. This is a big mistake the clients do, and then the salon can say, I didn't do that. I think this was a live & learn thing, it would have been easier to use a demi permanent like Clairol Complements in 8 Violet and that would have taken the brassy results out. I'm sorry it happened to you. - Mags
Kimblonde35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimblonde35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:23pm

I just love the colors in your hair, it looks good on you!!

But if YOUR not happy with it, then I would keep going back to that salon and have them fix it until it's the way that you like it.

Sorry that you don't like it!

Kim

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katseyesicu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:25pm

thanks for your reply, i did think that but i had no choice really as i had a wedding to go to the next day, if i didn't i would of been straight back down there again, its a shame really that there is nothing i can do now as I'm sure the stylist who done my hair will make mistakes again.

Thanks again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katseyesicu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:29pm

your not the only one who liked the color's in my hair, but believe me the photos make it seem not that bad, you should see it from where I'm standing!!

love your color hair though.

Kimblonde35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimblonde35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:32pm

That happend to me one time when a stylist colored my hair the way that I didn't like. My hair was the color that it is now (blonde) and I wanted to go for a medium brown look but the darn hairstylist turned my hair grey,  and the stylist told me to come back in a month then she would fix it  UGH!!

well ofcourse I walked out very unhappy (and I paid for the service also UGH!!)

Well another stylist saw what was going on and she apparently told the supervisor about this and the supervisor called me that same day and said that she would get another stylist to do my hair the next day. Free of Charge!!

So this stylist got my hair the medium brown that I wanted, but then ofcourse I went back to blonde! haha

Maybe you could talk to the supervisor there??

Sorry this is so long, but I just wanted to let you know that your not alone! 

Kim

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!!
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:34pm

Oh my god those are salon highlights?  You are right to be upset.  It looks like a 5 year old did that.  You are right to be mad and demand your money back.  How dare they be so unprofessional and leave you with the assistant who probably hasn't done color since she got out of cosmetology school!

Alright, enough of my rant.  Listen - we all make mistakes.  Don't beat yourself up over this one.  There's just something about a bad color job that makes us feel hideous and sends us running to the nearest drugstore to find what we can to fix the mess. I've done that before too, many times.  How does the red look?  Judging from your picture, I'd say red probably flatters you very nicely.  I bet you probably did a nicer job than the salon could have!  Go back on Wednesday anyway and see what they say about refunding your money.  It can't hurt, right?  But PLEASE don't let them touch your hair.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katseyesicu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:46pm

The funny thing is the last color i grew out was red...lol, this photo i took straight after i had put the red on, and yeah its not that bad at all but its not the blond i wanted.  by this time it was around 3am and that is why I'm looking a touch rufffff!!!!!...lol

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 7:45pm

I'm sorry you had to deal with that.I had a similar experience where I asked for one thing and the stylist basically just went ahead and did what she wanted without ever really listening to me...Four times!

Anywhoo,Your hair doesnt look bad,which I'm sure you already know.The red looks like it was on purpose.What do you want to do? Are you wanting to go blond once and for all?Just highlights? All over brown,red?

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 10:46pm
i agree with longhairdreams. the red does look ver purposful. i like the color on you. how do you feel about it. i would definately take the pictures and show them to the salon manager. they should do SOMETHING about their mistake. especially since you came back unhappy once already. it cant hurt to try. the most they can do to you is refuse to refund your money.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 12:11am

Ee, sorry about the streaks gone bad.  The red cover looks all right, though.  I would try to remember the name of that stylist and request not to get her next time.

More awesome than a manatee!
murdoch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murdoch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 1:27am

im scared to get my hair done now,

the red doesnt loook that bad at all, its just the blonde that went wrong!

my rabbit- her hairs always perfect!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 5:59am

From a stylist point of view............

Number 1...The stylist herself should have fixed it.  She was correct in her observation that it was the previous color at the ends but there are ways to fix it at the time of the original appointment.  I never let anyone walk out of my salon until they are 100% satisfied.  You never know what someone has previously put on their hair when you color a client, but when this happens you fix it immediatly.  The stylist should have asked the history of the haircolor on the hair for the past year or two.   AND you should always be honest when replying  to this question.....everything!!!

In defense of the stylist........ Don't assume that she will "make more mistakes".   Good stylist do not make mistakes they make DISCOVERYS.  Good stylist always, doesn't matter if you are a begginer or a 30 year veteren, learns from their mistakes.  That is what makes them great.  If a stylist thinks that they "know it all" and doesn't need to learn more..watch out.. these people probably do not keep up with the latest technology and trends.  This is an ever growing field and it is a must to continue daily to learn and grow.  I don't know if she is a know it all or not, I just wanted to make the distinction and what to look out for.  Don't mistake confidence as a knowit all either.  Just ask if they like to go to hair shows, if they say no, than that's your answer.

I wouldn't leave her because of the mistake, I would leave her because she did not fix it immediately.

Edited by LiliBeach
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 8:30pm
Katseye you look AWESOME with red hair! I'd totally ditch the blond idea and stick with the red.  You are a perfect redhead!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katseyesicu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 11:22am

You have made my day, thanks for the comment KB, I've decided not to go back to the salon i think i stick with red for now but thanks to you all for your support and advice.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic