Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OMG Please help me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xktoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xktoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OMG Please help me.
    Posted: July 19 2005 at 4:16pm
MY HAIR is still orange! PLEASE help me. I bought a color-depositing shampoo (violet), used baking soda, dawn dishwashing fluid and EV olive oil! NOTHING WORKS. PLEASE help.

Edited by xktoxo
::Only you can judge how beautiful you are::
xktoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xktoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:22pm
...anyone?
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:24pm

How orange is orange?  Do you have a picture you can post?

I'm no color expert, but it sounds like you need a good toner to fix this.  Something that counteracts brassiness.  Please go to a good salon.  A toner should not cost too much.  Make sure you are upfront with them about everything you have done to your hair. 

xktoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xktoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:26pm
It's not BRIGHT orange but it still looks really unnatural. I want to seriously, like, shave my head right now.
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 10:52pm
dont do that. that would make you even more unhappy. go to a good salon, and have them do a toner only. this should be fairly inexpensive. the salon will know how to get rid of the orange. could you post a picture of the orange? there may be a way to do this at home, but we would need to see a picture in order to know what exactly to do.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 5:39am

What was the look you were going for?

If it was blonde, that is an easy fix by a professional.

When going blonde the hair has to go through phases one of which is orange.  The next is light orange, then dark yellow, med. yellow, light yellow, then blonde.

Don't panic, just go see a professional.

I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
xktoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xktoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 6:08am
Mine is light orange...almost like a strawberry blonde. I will post a pic soon.
heather0x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heather0x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 1:35pm

yeah you're just at that orange stage...

if you wanna be blonde, EVERYONE has to go through that stage

muneca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muneca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 5:37am

toner.... ummm i tryed a store bought one and it didnt do nothing! ill go to a salon tomorrow and see about my orange hair as well lol.. if then then i will re-bleach for the 3rd frickin time in 2 weeks =x

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 10:20am
oooo. bad idea. some types of hair can handle being bleached twice, and still be fine. a third time might just bee to much. kinda lik the straw that broke the camels back. i would recommend that the salon do a toner, and a deep condition service to bring some softness back to the hair. the otc ones (was it the new tone refiner?) arent meant for getting rid of the orange. they are just meant to remove brassiness caused by buildup, and chemicals in the water.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 12:06pm
my hair has been bleached get this 9 times. Now I can't bleach it anymore. I suggest never bleaching it past 2!!! Go to a salon get it fixed, save up some money 200 or so and go. It'll be worth it if blonde is really what you want. I did it and it worked out good and I kept it for a while.

BLEACHING does not get orange out, that is what is keeping the orange in there. Don't bleach again.
~* Bambi Lee *~
muneca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muneca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 4:35pm
thank you.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 4:43pm

get a tub of hair cholestrol.

By some "un red"

add a few drops and mix untill cholestrol turns a purple color.

Apply to hair.

watch some tv.

rinse.  wash.  enjoy.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic