Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Short hair for life?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 2:24pm
I have to agree that most women over 40 don't look good with long hair.  It is sort of like wearing belly baring shirts.  There is something gross about that too for women over 40, even if they are skinny.  I do have one very slim friend in her 50s and she has long white hair which is quite lovely.  But mostly, I just do not like it.  I agree with you Lovebobs.  No bashing from me!
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by lovebobs lovebobs wrote:

THAT IS HOW I FEEL GO AHEAD AND BASH ME!!!!! IM READY TO HEAR IT!!!

This is the short hair forum.  Why would anybody bash you here?

(As an aside to LHD, thank you kindly!)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 2:34am

Whoah. . . someone actually reads my blog?  *falls over in shock*

Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

K., I noticed the crap you got and thought I would let you know that you are not alone in your opinions.  You are always gentle and humerous in your expression of your opinions and I, for one, enjoy reading your posts.  A lot of people think short hair is gross but you can't beat the creativity and convenience it affords.  Also, so much easier to keep clean and fresh.  I love the way it exposes the face and highlights eyes and cheeks.  Again, just my opinion but I guess this is the forum to express it.  It does take more upkeep but if you enjoy a trip to the salon (and I really do) so much the better.

More awesome than a manatee!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 2:58am

It's not just lack of washing that can make hair gross, but lack of trims (scraggly, fried ends are not attractive on anyone :-P ) and lack of style (hair that just flops there, looking at you like, "Okay, you got me here. . . now what?") are also big complaints of mine.  Hair is one of the most important fashion accessories a woman can have, yet so few actually do anything with it :-P .

Some older women can get away with longer hair, but a lot of women, their hair starts to thin with age.  I used to know a woman in her early 60s who was bound and determined to grow her hair long. . . but her hair was so thin it was like a sheer veil over her scalp, and on top of that, it was dry and frizzy -_- .  Her ponytail was maybe as big around as my pinky -_- .  People in that condition. . . well, would probably be better off just giving up on their real hair and wearing wigs. . .  But someone in her 60s whose hair is still reasonably thick and in good condition, it wouldn't be so much a problem.  See my above assertions of good upkeep and an actual style, though, as they also apply here. . . possibly even more, since grey hair is more fragile.

Some men can suit long hair, but not all.  *shrugs*  Part of it does depend on upkeep, of course, but also on the man's face and style of dress.  A man with a very rugged face might look odd with long hair, where one with a very "beautiful" face might be better-suited.  Of course, the clothing seems to follow. . . like Indiana Jones in long hair vs some ruffly-shirt guy off the cover of a trashy romance novel. . .  But now I'm probably just babbling. . . it is after 4 a.m. here, after all -_- . . .

Originally posted by lovebobs lovebobs wrote:

short and long hair are both gross!  if the wearer of that do' is gross and does not wash it regularly

however my wife once had LONG hair that was very pretty very neatly trimme dand very well taken care of it always smelled like shampoo and was silky

she still has that but its short  and thats what makes her hair sexy to me is that its so well kept be it long or short

i always see 18-25 year old girls with long hair that looks nice , they spend time making it that way PLUS THEIR HAIR IS HEALTHY CUZ THEY ARE YOUNG   but when it gets ratty and uneven and gross  yah that is the soooo nasty but you only get that if you neglect it or if you are aging, i feel women over 40 should not have long hair it just loses its shimmer after some time and looks like an old mop  and should be cut shoulder or shorter   i know ill hear from people that im wrong for saying it but no woman over 40 looks nice with long hair unless they are in thier 40's and look like they are in their 30's

and as far as men with long hair it NEVER ever looks nice it always looks dirty and gross   mens hair is different it should be shorter im not saying crewcut  but by no means past their shoulders it just looks ratty and trashy

THAT IS HOW I FEEL GO AHEAD AND BASH ME!!!!! IM READY TO HEAR IT!!!

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 1:24pm
Geronimo had long hair AND a rugged face.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 2:32am
And was Native American, of course ^_^ .  That makes a big difference!  White guys with rugged faces and long hair tend to look more like mountain men -_- . . . or part of that may just be that I live in the South and people don't have the best hygeine. . .  *runs and hides from the angry mob of Southerners who come after her*  It was a joke, really!  A joke!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 7:58am
I am a southerner and I agree.  Most rugged southern men with long hair also have three teeth and have never been introduced to shampoo.  Long hair on men should be relegated to the young (very young). 
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 1:14pm

Quote I have to agree that most women over 40 don't look good with long hair.  It is sort of like wearing belly baring shirts.  There is something gross about that too for women over 40, even if they are skinny.  I do have one very slim friend in her 50s and she has long white hair which is quite lovely.  But mostly, I just do not like it.  I agree with you Lovebobs.  No bashing from me!

I think Jane Seymore, Kim Basinger, Goldie Hawn, Krisite Brinkley, Julianne Morre,  Terri Hatcher, Demi Moore, Marcia Cross, among amny others might just disagree with you.

This kind of attitude is for the dinosaurs.

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 2:55pm
I do not think that all of them look good with long hair.  Just my humble opinion but I think Terri Hatcher, Demi Moore, and Marcia Cross all look much, much better with short hair.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Tyranna Tyranna wrote:

Quote I have to agree that most women over 40
don't look good with long hair.  It is sort of like wearing belly baring
shirts.  There is something gross about that too for women over 40, even
if they are skinny.  I do have one very slim friend in her 50s and she has
long white hair which is quite lovely.  But mostly, I just do not like it.  I
agree with you Lovebobs.  No bashing from me!

I think Jane Seymore, Kim Basinger, Goldie Hawn, Krisite Brinkley,
Julianne Morre,  Terri Hatcher, Demi Moore, Marcia Cross, among amny
others might just disagree with you.

Well, those are all celebrities who only appear at public events after a
hairdresser has fixed their hair. I'd guess that most women any age would
look good with any hair length if they had a stylist whenever they went
out.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Tyranna Tyranna wrote:

Quote I have to agree that most women over 40 don't look good with long hair.  It is sort of like wearing belly baring shirts.  There is something gross about that too for women over 40, even if they are skinny.  I do have one very slim friend in her 50s and she has long white hair which is quite lovely.  But mostly, I just do not like it.  I agree with you Lovebobs.  No bashing from me!

I think Jane Seymore, Kim Basinger, Goldie Hawn, Krisite Brinkley, Julianne Morre,  Terri Hatcher, Demi Moore, Marcia Cross, among amny others might just disagree with you.

Tyranna, please allow those in this forum to express their dislike for long hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic