Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Minimizing Eye Folds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lunette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minimizing Eye Folds
    Posted: July 21 2005 at 4:22pm

Hello everyone. I wasn't sure if this was the proper place to post this message, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a product that reduces slight sagging around the upper eyelid area. I know about the many eye creams that smooth apprearance, but they do little for the large asymmetrical folds I am subconscious about. I simply don't have the guts or the finances to go through an actual eyelift surgery, but would be willing to try a minor invasive procedure if that type of thing exists. Basically, I'm hoping that someone on this board can clue me in as to what is and isn't possible in the world of wrinkle reduction. Thanks for any advice that you can pass my way.

fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 11:28am

there are a few alternative to having the full eyelid surgery although, you know it can be covered by some insurances to have it done.

there aren't to many options that don't require some kind of surgery or incision, or injection and of course everyone swears by their product and says it works but here are a few that i know of that can be done same day outpatient: limited incision face lift; endoscopic face lift; suspension lifts.

Here are some cremes, some are very expensive: repechage vita cura triple firming cream; amorepacific timeresponse skin renewal creme; kerstin florian caviar age defense creme; kanebo lifting cream; nature's (natural) face lift by you nique;

And there's always the injections: botox, captique, and hylaform plus, plus a host of other gels and fillers you just have to decide whats right for you. hope some of this info help

i got most of this info out of cosmetic enhancment guide new beauty special edition it has A LOT of info and it gives good products to use, plus helpful info, if you can find one scan thru it, if you like what you see buy it, it's worth it.

Edited by fullxdiva
"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
Pizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 11:25am

I was searching high and low for a cream that would help. I'm 41 and had complete folds down to my lash line. Seems it runs in my family. My mom had the eyelid surgery when she was 50 (she's now 64). My dad is 71 and it's impairing his vision. I just recently bit the bullet and had it done. It's been 4 months now and OMG but is there a difference. It was worth every penny of the $3500. My eyes don't seem tired, they appear more open, I don't have headaches anymore from holding my eyes open more and my forehead wrinkles have decreased as well. I like to look at myself in the mirror now and don't mind having pictures taken.

I don't think there's any alternative to the major surgery. It doesn't hurt, seriously. It looks awful because you have stitches over your eyes, but I had surgery on a Tuesday and went away the following weekend, just looked like someone beat me up. I know it's expensive but if it bothers you as much as it bothered me, I'd recommend it. You only live once and I have to say the money spent on this is worth more than all the makeup, clothes, jewelry etc because this is every minute of every day of the rest of my life that I'll feel better about this now.

Margie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 2:07pm

Sorry to be so late with a reply..I just joined.

I had a upper bleph domne 4 years ago. It's one of the best things I have ever done for myself..AND INSURANCE PAID FOR IT!!! If anyone wants to know how insurance will pay let me know.

dadood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 11:28pm
how would insurance pay for it?
kttylover2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kttylover2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 12:21am
ya me too, i want to know!
SheliaP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheliaP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 9:27pm
I am 54 years old and would love to know how to get Insurance to pay!  
kttylover2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kttylover2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Margie Margie wrote:

Sorry to be so late with a reply..I just joined.

I had a upper bleph domne 4 years ago. It's one of the best things I have ever done for myself..AND INSURANCE PAID FOR IT!!! If anyone wants to know how insurance will pay let me know.

I want to know as  I am 45 and it is really affecting my sight!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic