Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with my red

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with my red
    Posted: July 21 2005 at 7:15pm
I colorfixed my dyed black naturally black hair and got it to a light brownish colour. I then got this really weird dye that also lightens your hair.

I had to bleach my roots too to even it out, and spread some of the bleach down to the rest of my hair for the second part (was only about 10 minutes).
It came out lovely shades of red.

Unfortunately, some bits look a little "Missed". While it's a nice effect, it overall makes my hair look a bit too dark.

I missed some of my roots too, or a lot rather, where I put some of the dye I got really, really light red hair, but the bleach hardly did anything!

My hair is stripier and darker at the roots, and gets lighter going down for the most part. There are some strangs of pink hair at the back (no idea what happened there).

My hair should technically be damaged, but it feels fine. I seem to have a lot of breakage on top, but I think that could be down to something else, build up of razor accidents being one of them (Which don't happen so much). The broken hairs are mostly around the same length, but some are shorter, and they generally fall short of the divide between dyed are virgin hair (or what was virgin), I'm guessing it's just because I rarely brush my hair, go for more of a ragdoll look.

I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have any experiecne with this dye? Should I just dye the bits I missed with it, and leave it in for long enough for it to go very dark? I have a lot of hair and it's getting long, I doubt I had enough dye in the first place.

I have no idea how dye that lightens and colours works. Technically, if I put it on my hair again, it should make it a lighter red since it's only continuing the process but I know it's not because it'd have to strip the red and aaaargh my head is confused.
Should I bleach some bits first, to make sure the colour is gone and it's light enough? Or since it has peroxide in it, will the red stuff lighten anyway? It's GREAT stuff, but it's actually better at lightening than dying, the colour it comes out isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but I'l just temp dye it later to get the colour I want, it will look brighter.

Confusing.

I'm not sure I want to spend money on a stylist, as I'd probably confuse them as to what exactly I want to have done. I like the idea of having some different shades of red.

I'm honestly considering waiting a few months, colorfixing again, and doing it all over again, lightening it another shade this time. My hair could take it, but it's drastic, especially since I have to order color fix from the US (costly).

Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 3:38am
Please help me...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic