Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shampoos for Dyed Blondes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shampoos for Dyed Blondes
    Posted: July 22 2005 at 12:35am
I am addicted to dying my hair and I'm addicted to shampoos, I'm a nut!
Anyways.I tried Pantene Expressions, in Honey and Butter Nut Blonde.... I've noticed that it does brighten my dyed color but towards a more... golden color.(Which I've been trying to avoid) Does anybody know why it would do that? The bottle says NON DEPOSITING COLOR *whatever that means.
I know that in order to keep my ashy color I'm going to need to dye my hair alot, because my hair will no longer hold color as long as it used to.
Is there anything that you blondes use to keep your hair looking healthy without mucking up the color?
I'm so scared to wash my hair!! I don't want to loose this color!
~* Bambi Lee *~
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 1:24am

I used a nuetral protein filler to help with porous hair,but it also removed any brassiness.I used it when I washed my hair.It only lasted until the next wash.But I think if I had used it every wash it would have cut out those unwanted tones completely.I have also heard alot of good things about the purple/blue shampoos.

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 1:07pm
where would i get purple/blue shampoos , could you give me an expample of a few?
~* Bambi Lee *~
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 5:41pm
You could get some from sally's.Clairol's shimmer lights.There are some more expensive brands that have the tints which have gotten good reviews,but I havent tried them out myself.There is one by artec which deposits color.And redken has one called shades EQ.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 8:41pm

Sorry to say, Redken stopped making the shades eq shampoo.  It was really great!!!

The others are great suggestions.  Can I ask you?  You don't happen to have well water in your house do you?  Sometimes that can make beautiful blondes go brass.

Paul Mitchell has a great color shampoo for ash blonde, however it is hard to find.  Artec is a great one also.

I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
BlackLace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 12:02am
I found that the one by marc anthony worked pretty well.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 2:55pm
I have city water... lots of clorine and stuff, but I don't know why that would turn my hair.
I think my hair just isn't holding the ash color in very well, it's just getting washed out. It's upseting me. I gotta go get ash put back in again. It's dumb.
I am going to try Pantenes Light Blonde Expressions. I took the golden and butternut because I was golden at the time. :)

~* Bambi Lee *~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic