Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The FIGHT against HUMIDITY!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
FunnyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2005 at 9:00am

Thanks for your reply.  Sorry about the hurricane, I used to live in Deerfield Beach and have friends there, I'm just glad everyone's okay.  Alfaparf is a really good hair care brand, I think one of the best.  I'm definetely going to follow your advice.  I also saw the line for thinning hair and I think I'm going to purchase a couple of the Hair Power Energy Booster Serum to try them out.  Since it delivers vitamins directly to the scalp I think it might help out as well.  I've been deep conditioning now for three weeks (with the Absolut Repair line from L'Oréal Profissionnel) and I am noticing a slight decrease of shedding, but still am not satisfied. 

As for the Strait Therapy TR, I did post a question on Steve's forum two weeks ago but no one has replied.  Still I have heard good things about the line and in a couple of weeks am going in for an appointment so I'll ask a lot of questions.  I'll keep you on posted on my progress.  Thanks again. ^^

¤·· Fµnn¥ Gïr£ ··¤
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2005 at 11:12pm

Anytime girl!

Do keep me posted.

Bye!, Shary

Perula05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perula05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 4:01pm
Hi Shary,

I haven't had the chance to thank you for your great advice. I ended up getting the Solia flat iron instead of the Sedu, so far I am very happy with it. I am following your regimen with the Redken Smoothdown system and Sebastian Potion 9 and let me tell you, it works wonders, everyone compliments my hair. I leave my hair naturally curly when during rainy days only, but I keep it straight the rest of the time.

Thanks again for you help!

Perula
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 8:59pm

Any time. I am so happy to hear that. OH, and about the Solia, I tried my friends and it is great. I like as much, (or may be even more than my Sedu). If my Sedu breaks down, I'm getting a Solia. It is much cheaper and it works great. Don't forget to treat your hair with a protein reconstructor at least once a month. Nexus Emergencee works wonders. Deep condition after it, and you will always have great hair.

Much Love

Perula05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perula05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 7:40am
Thanks Shary... have you ever used Biosilk theraphy? I read a lot of great reviews about it.

Perula
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 9:44pm
Yeah I have. It is very good, however it is loaded with alcohol, and eventually starts to dry out your hair. It used to be HG for me, until I found the Redken heat glide. It is much cheaper(and much better) and has no alcohol. It works great!. It makes your hair super soft and shiny and protects it from the heat. At least for me it works much better that the Silk Therapy, and it is super concentrated. I bought my bottle a year ago and it is only half way empty. It takes only a few drops. I also recently discovered Artec Kiwi blowsilk. It is very very good and makes your hair super soft and shiny. Whichever product you decide to go with, remember to use very little or your hair will end up looking oily.
Perula05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perula05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:31am
Thanks, that's good to know... I was debating whether or not to get the Biosilk, but I'll keep the Redken heat glide instead. I am already using it and I love it... a little goes a long way. I'll keep an eye on the Artec Kiwi blowsilk as well.
Are you still using the Rusk anticurl? I read one of your previous replies and you mentioned it there. My curls are very tight (3b/3c) and my hair is fine but I have a lot of it. Would you recommend it for my hair type?

Perula
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 8:45pm

Hi Perula. Yeah, I'm still using the Rusk. I love the stuff. However I recently found a seller on ebay that sells Loreal's x-tenso and I'm thinking about giving it a try. I heard it is really good, but it is still not sold in the US. This seller sends it from the UK. It is the same type of relaxer as the Rusk, however my understanding is, that they way it is formulated makes less likely to damage hair. You still have to follow directions of course, and if you are not use to doing this type of procedure to your own hair, I would probably go to a professional. I went through alot of hair breakage before getting it right.

That being said, if you are going to have it done by a professional, make sure it is an expert on chemical services, and that they have performed the procedure many many times. I found out after much reasearch that most stilysts know as much as you do about the product, and don't really have the right training. So your chances of getting damaged hair, are the same as if you did it yourself. So, if the stylist is not an expert, why pay to have someone else to damage your hair for you. Get done with the right person.

Some things you should know, weather doing it yourself or having someone else do it for you: The product should never touch your scalp. It should never be comed against your scalp either. If you ever had your hair relaxed with regular sodium hydroxide relaxer, you can not use the Rusk or any other thioglycolate relaxer, until you have grown out and cut off the previously relax hair.

Why? you ask. Because the mixture of the chemicals produce something similar to Nair. So you will end up with what stilysts call a chemical hair cut.

So keep all that in mind when making a decision. By the way, sorry I took so long to answer, I never got a notice for this last post. Hope I'm not too late.

Anyway, is so good to hear so many girls have been delivered from the curse of unruly hair, thanks to my advice. It makes me feel so good. I will keep you girls posted about any new products I discover.

Talk to you guys later

Shary

jennpent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennpent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2006 at 1:05am
ok, so I use similar products (I have the Rusk and the Redken and have started using some of the Kerastase). I have a CHI hair straigtener...
I just wonder if I am doing something wrong? I get into humidity and my hair gets frizzy. I really don't have super curly hair. It is really more wavy. If other people have super curly hair and this works, I am thinking that I am doing something wrong. Or maybe my hair straigtener isn't that great(although it was expensive).
I am going to Miami in two weeks to visit and would love to figure this out (I lived in Florida for 5 years and think I had maybe a handful of good hair days!)
Thanks.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 10:42pm
Hi, sorry I took so long to answer. I have been out of the country and just got back.

Tell me your hair routine, and what products you use. We'll see if we can figure out what's not working for you.

Much love,
Shary
libert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2008 at 8:42pm
Hi Shary
I just joint the forum.  I was looking for information about a ceramic flat iron because at the mall they try to sell me one (" coriolis" I think) when I came across with all your good advises about curly hair (the fight against humidity)  I read every thing but I am a litte confused with all the different product.   Would you please Smile tell me your rutine from start to end:  shampoo, conditioner, leave on conditioner, product before blow dry and/or flat iron and shine spray.   Sorry if this is too much to ask, but reading the topic about humidity I was overwelmed with all the different products.  I have curly short hair (short in the back- longer in front) and I also live in Miami.  
Thanks

Edited by libert - July 29 2008 at 1:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic