Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

conditioning dry hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
adamsnez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamsnez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: conditioning dry hair
    Posted: July 24 2005 at 1:24am
hi, first time poster here but i've been reading :)

I have fairly dry hair, and was wondering this.
I read that if you have dry hair, you should only shampoo every other day. Would there be a problem, or ANY benefits if i were to condition every day, but only shampooed my hair every 3rd or 4th day?? Would shampooing my hair less cause it to become less healthy or whatnot? Im just trying to get some moisture back into my hair. thanks
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 2:02pm

YESSS!!! That's a great plan. If you find that it works, stick with it.  

You could also "cut" the shampoo with conditioner as described in C-COW-C

In fact, many people even eliminate the shampoo completely, with the Condition-Only wash (CO). I've been CO-ing mostly and it's been great for the hair and scalp. No dryness whatsoever.

Hope this helps

Anais

edited for clarity

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
adamsnez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamsnez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 8:34pm
it's been 4 days since my last shampooing, with a thorough conditioning each day, and my hair feels SO much better and softer than before!!
with the lack of "cleansing" via a shampoo, will it damage my hair at all in the long run? IE: being more prone to breakage? is there really any negative aspects to using a conditioner with the odd shampoo cleansing?

thanks for the tips!!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 8:54pm

Awesome  I'm glad it's working for you, Adam. Your hair will not be prone to breakage as long as you shampoo or do a vinegar rinse every once in awhile to remove "product crap" (and hard water deposits) (An ideal dilution would be 1 tbsp vinegar in 1 cup of water, more instructions here). 

Conditioner-Only tends to build up on some people's hair and scalp after a long while. But it sounds like you've got a good setup there, with the alternating

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
hockeyplaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hockeyplaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 11:58pm
the only problem i can think about wit not shampooing is if  you get an excesive buildup of oil in  your hair wich feels nasty to the touch
adamsnez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamsnez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 12:49am
Originally posted by hockeyplaya hockeyplaya wrote:

the only problem i can think about wit not shampooing is if  you get an excesive buildup of oil in  your hair wich feels nasty to the touch
thanks for the replies you two! so far, my hair feels great and no oil buildup. I will still shampoo, but not to my prior extent. I also bought VO5 Hot Oil treatment today, so im gonna start that tomorrow:)

thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic