Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

advice on inexpensive color safe shampoo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jkat118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkat118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice on inexpensive color safe shampoo
    Posted: July 26 2005 at 1:56pm
Hi all!  I was wondering if anyone knows of good inexpensive color safe (highlights/lowlights mainly) shampoos and conditioners that are also good for curly/dry/frizz prone hair.  I bought some good "poo" and cond. from a salon, and can't afford to replace it with the same products.  Thanks in advance for any advice!!
Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 2:32pm

Hey,

yes salon products can be very expensive. I bought a type called aquage there and it was $11 for one small bottle of shampoo. REcently I am using a shampoo and conditioner line for specifically for colored hair called ions. This stuff I think is better than the salon product I bought and it was around 5 bucks. I know this is around the mid price range and stuff at the grocery stores only go for $3 but they are definately not as good. Ions have treatments and big big bottles of stuff, so its a really good line. I bought mine at my nearest sallys beauty supply store(good stuff in there). Im not sure if you can buy it at the grocery stor but Im almot positive you cant. By the way, I know pantene is the same price and it makes your hair feel silky but it actually coats your hair with a waxy substance to make it feel that way and its actually not good for your hair, especially if you style it often. Im still looking for a good once a week clarifying shampoo so if anybody has any suggestions I would love 2 hear them.

Also Im not sure how well the conditioner works on your type of hair because I have stick straight hair, but I still recommend this product to you =)

good luck finding the right system.

Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
jkat118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkat118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 3:29pm
Alexia81189, thank you for your response.  I will check out both products that you spoke of and see what works best.  I need to check out Sally Beauty supply, because I've heard the most about that store on this forum.  I have shopped there before, but that was years ago!  I'm so glad I found this website!  I've learned so much more than I knew before!  thanks for all the advice!!
Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 3:58pm

your welcome =)

I know I love this website 2! and the people are really nice and informative here.

good luck with finding the right shampoo and conditioner =)

Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 5:13am
Ken Paves Flawless No Sulfates Allowed Repairing Shine Shampoo for dry damaged hair $6 at hairboutique.com or $5.99 at Walgreens
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 7:39pm
The John Freida line works in my hair pretty well (I use Radiant Reds for
my deep burgundy hair and my mom uses Brilliant Brunette for her
bronzed brown locks).
honda_chik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honda_chik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 1:03pm
I also use the John Frieda products...right now for Blondes.  I have also found that the Got To Be Product line has an excellent conditioner called In Therapy that works well for color treated hair and it makes my hair softer and shinier than most other brands.
jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 9:26pm
back to basics blue lavendar color protecting shampoo sulfate free at hairntan.com, beautydeals.net[cost more at beautydeals.net than at hairntan.com],and salonsavings.com[enter promo code GL36 for a free gift while supplies last]

Edited by jean32
KellyX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 11:48am
I also use the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette on my color treated brown hair.  I love the smell and it so far hasnt faded the color.  Feels great too.
Kelly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic