Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Perfect Straight Hair... how do i get IT?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SoFiNe_09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoFiNe_09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perfect Straight Hair... how do i get IT?
    Posted: July 26 2005 at 2:46pm

I hate my hair!! I*ve gone through 3 straightners this yr.! they*re all crap! I can never get my hair straight like how i want it!
My hair gets frizzing/poofy and starts to either curl or flip out when it starts raining!!
My first straightner was cheap it was a conair cermaic that came w. 3 other hair tools..then i got a vidal sassion ceramic.. did ok for like 2weeks! Then i bought a cheap $15 conair that is suppose to adjust to to what type ur hair is!! My hair is VERY
My hair always flips out on my right side and the left side will curl in!
How do i get perfect straight hair??!?!??
Do i need to get it permantly straighten ... would that help??
I don*t want to go to HS w. this hair.. i need something b4 august22nd!! i*m sick of this ugly hair!!

PLZ HELP ME!!! THX!!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 11:36pm

Um.. maybe it's because your hair isn't naturally straight? I know that sounds stupid, but hair doesn't like to be anything other than natural.  Your hair just wants to be itself. Have you considered working with your natural hair type? Maybe switch washing methods (click washing routines, more washing routines, and CO routine for wavy or curly hair) I got healthier hair within a month of treating my hair differently.

Also, there's no such thing as an intelligent iron that "adjusts" to a hair type. Although that would be cool if it existed!  

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 10:04pm

Originally posted by SoFiNe_09 SoFiNe_09 wrote:

I hate my hair!! I*ve gone through 3 straightners this yr.! they*re all crap! I can never get my hair straight like how i want it!
My hair gets frizzing/poofy and starts to either curl or flip out when it starts raining!!
My first straightner was cheap it was a conair cermaic that came w. 3 other hair tools..then i got a vidal sassion ceramic.. did ok for like 2weeks! Then i bought a cheap $15 conair that is suppose to adjust to to what type ur hair is!! My hair is VERY
My hair always flips out on my right side and the left side will curl in!
How do i get perfect straight hair??!?!??
Do i need to get it permantly straighten ... would that help??
I don*t want to go to HS w. this hair.. i need something b4 august22nd!! i*m sick of this ugly hair!!

PLZ HELP ME!!! THX!!

i know exactly what you mean my hair used to be like that too and i went and got my hair relaxed cause i had wavy hair i still straghten my hair like with a flat iron it just takes a little bit less time and doesnt get as frizzy if i go out in the humid weather, but i regret not having the more permanent hair straightening done and now i have to wait till my hair grows out:( but anyway you should either get your hair relaxed or permanently straightened depending on what you want to do with it, if you just want your hair not to curl out or flip and stuff then just get it relaxed so when you straighten it then it wont do that and you can also wear your hair wavy or cruly too, but if you want a more permanent better solution then you should get your hair permanently straightened

SoFiNe_09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoFiNe_09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 5:57pm
Thx... do u have n*e idea what it costs tho!?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 7:30pm
It depends on your hair length. The price ranges between $300 and $1500, or more if you have really long hair.
my LJ, 40 inches long
adamsnez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamsnez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

It depends on your hair length. The price ranges between $300 and $1500, or more if you have really long hair.
really? i was quoted at $60 Canadian for a chem.straightener.. Mind you, my hair is only long on the top/right side (gonna be down to my mouth when i get it done)..

Why would your quotes be so much more than what  i was quoted at?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 5:15pm

Maybe it's gotten cheaper lately? The price does depend on your hair length and texture, the quality of the straightening process, and possibly the strength of the chemicals (?).

A chemical relaxer ($200-400 says one site, $275-400 says iVillage) costs less than permanent straightening.

The treatment I quoted (also known as Yuko, thermal recon, whatever) are different than relaxers are are high range.. they're "supposed to" last for 4 months. But that's best case scenario. More quote ranges: $800-1500, $300-1000.

I'm not advocating straightening treatments. Everybody who goes for one, get a STRAND TEST done first before the actual treatment!!!!!

Sorry for the confusion

Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
ASamuraiWarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASamuraiWarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 3:32am

Chemically straightening is probably the easiest way.  No need to fuss about flat irons that only last a little while.  It's probably less damaging than using flat irons because if you want your hair straight everyday you have to use it very often, chemically straightening will condition your hair.  Try EPO Straightening System.  It's new Japan straiughtening system.  Pretty fast and easy, took about an hour someting.  Depending on the length of your hair the cost will be different.  My hair is shoulder length layered hair and I payed about 80 bucks to do it. This system is pretty good, doesn't flatten your hair.  Your hair will flow beautifully and will be very easy to handle.  My hair use to be crap and I hated it, now I could shake my head around and my hair would go back to position without using my hands.  It flows beautifully in the wind.  I would show you a picture of it but im in china right now and i don't have a webcam.

Unoriginal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unoriginal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by ASamuraiWarrior ASamuraiWarrior wrote:

Chemically straightening is probably the easiest way.  No need to fuss about flat irons that only last a little while.  It's probably less damaging than using flat irons because if you want your hair straight everyday you have to use it very often, chemically straightening will condition your hair.  Try EPO Straightening System.  It's new Japan straiughtening system.  Pretty fast and easy, took about an hour someting.  Depending on the length of your hair the cost will be different.  My hair is shoulder length layered hair and I payed about 80 bucks to do it. This system is pretty good, doesn't flatten your hair.  Your hair will flow beautifully and will be very easy to handle.  My hair use to be crap and I hated it, now I could shake my head around and my hair would go back to position without using my hands.  It flows beautifully in the wind.  I would show you a picture of it but im in china right now and i don't have a webcam.

where did you get this EPO thing from? i searched for it and couldnt find much.....i really need help too. my hair is crap when it dries up. i want striaght hair so bad :(

i even tried the Proclaim relaxer, that lasted for 2 weeks then got back to crap :(

any recommendations?
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 10:54pm
If u don't get it chemically straightened, invest in a good ceramic iron, it'll be over a 100 bucks. I have that problem of the hair flipping out/curling in on either side but my iron makes me go 2 days w/ out doing that. www.folica.com The really expensive ones r for a reason, they're 100% ceramic and it really makes all the difference in the world.
SoFiNe_09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoFiNe_09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 8:21pm

i got my hair chemically straightened.. i love it!

well hopefully it lasts!! Thx everyone && keep me w. n*e thing..!!

Unoriginal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unoriginal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 5:00pm
what did you use?
SoFiNe_09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoFiNe_09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 6:10pm

chemically straightening

<3
*a

mcsetter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcsetter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 3:16pm
I had my hair chemically straightened (Japanese straightening--I'm pretty sure the product was called "Perfect Straight"), and I absolutely LOVED it!  My hair was a wierd mixture of wavy and straight before (wavy on top, straight underneath) and is very thick.  What was great about having it straightened is that it would always dry exactly the same (I usually just let it air dry.)  I never even had to use a flat iron on my hair, so it ended up staying very soft, because I never dried it out with heat products.  Also, my hair never frizzed anymore!

The process took about 6 hours for me (I had "virgin" hair), but was totally worth it.  It was an entire year before I needed to go back and have it touched up.  (Trust me, it's very permanent--it's only the growth coming in that needs to be straightened.)  The only thing is that when you go get a touch-up, the process is the same, since they don't want to cause any dents or bends in your hair.  Also, your hair will not curl at all (but I'm guessing you wouldn't mind that.)  :)  What's great is that there are a lot of styles that look good with very straight hair, so you just have to get used to those ways.  (i.e., bangs pulled back)

I had it done in Southern California, so I don't know if Perfect Straight is available elsewhere in the country.  I would definitely ask for any type of Japanese Straightening--not a straight perm, or relaxing...I tried those a couple of times at different salons, and they didn't give me the results I wanted.

Finally, the cost for me was about $450--but, considering that you only need it once a year (depending on how fast your hair grows) it's worth it.  I don't know if you highlight or color your hair (I don't), but figure out how much that would cost for a year, and you'll see that the cost for the straightening really is worth it.

I hope that helps, and good luck! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic