Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Note to self

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Note to self
    Posted: July 27 2005 at 3:53pm
Do not make a mixture of 30 developer creme and 40 developer liquid and pro bleach, slather on virgin indianhair.com hair, wrap in foil and then forget about it and go to bed and sleep for 10 hours straight.

The foil had burn spots and little pinpoint holes eaten through it.

Currently the hair is in Rehab Treatment Center For Dipsh*t Amateur Colorists and may pull through. It's currently doing a 2-hour backstroke in a bowl of olive oil so we'll see.

Doh!

broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 4:00pm
 been there done that! i had to order more hair tho, the batch i had melted.
and god said let there be hair extensions.
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 4:10pm
So what exactly is this olive oil thing you do?  I think I read about it a few times here. Do you do this to all your hair or just damaged hair? You just soke it in olive oil? Is it hard to get out? 
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 4:14pm

Nope don't want to do that!

I always suggest adding water,,,for control!

WElcome sista...to the world-o-color!  I am here for tech support!

PS...It must be in the air today...I left red demi on too long and got way more than what I bargained for! I'm currently in corrective mode!

Though I will brag...I was able to get RK #14(a strange beige Buckwheat color) up to a lovely med. golden blond.

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 4:26pm
Oh yeah. My RK #14 was a breeze to color. I took it down one notch to a delicious golden blonde and wiped out that peach tone. I never have a problem going 2-3 levels up or down. It's always getting that black indian hair to banana peel yellow stage that's a challenge.

I'm off to Sally's in a bit to get some toner. The hair is not rough but it does feel too soft for its own good right now. It's not all the way dry yet but it never felt gummy so maybe it might pull through? I hope so. That was a nice weft.   

The olive oil thing...

I use it for everything. After I started soapmaking and reading about all the benefits of olive oil, I began using it for everything. I put a TBS in my dish soap dispenser so it's kinder on my hands, I put it in over the counter lotions, add a bit to whatever conditioner I have and shake it up in there. The best thing is I keep a plain bottle of it on the bathroom counter and use it still damp out of the shower. It lasts all day and makes self-tanners go on more evenly too. Couple drops of lavender oil in there or peppermint (whatever you prefer) and it's superb.

Here's a little linky love but if you put olive oil for skin and hair in a search engine, you can read all day long. :)

http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/self/682

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16961

Edited by amm
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 11:44am

AMN!!! i warned you!

lol

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 6:56pm
LOL, S, I know! But I was tired! I actually woke up, layed in bed and
was like, "ok...I know I'm forgetting something...what can it
be....hmmm...." My husband goes, "Do you know there's hair out in
the garage?" "OH, MY HAIR!" I flew downstairs not even fully awake
and sure enough, there it was.

The hair actually survived and I've made some BEAUTIFUL colors of
it. Thank goodness I had more 30 vol than 40 on that batch. Oh, and
I soaked it in olive oil for 2 hours and it pulled through!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 7:21pm
Here's some pics so you can see what I was able to do. Me, a complete mouth-breathing tard when it comes to color! I'm stoked! Thanks, S! Never could have done it without your help. And I love these colors for fall. Fiery and in-your-face!

What it was before I started. It's RK natural, about 18".

Afters:

Love the dark stripes in there! That'll be the underlayer.

Close up/detail:

Checking the blend.

I'm going to start putting it in on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Edited by amm
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 8:31pm
That's kinda cool with the dark stripe! The colors are neat! Wow. That is some strong hair. Our wimpy Euro hair would be a puddle of glue after a night with 40 developer and bleach.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 9:45pm

It looks like you pulled it through the crisis! LOL

The colors look really cool, cant wait to see the install pics!

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 11:25pm
nice!  I took out my wefts tonight because I wasnt happy with the placement, so I also decided to soak them in olive oil too, to see how it works out.  should reinstall tomorrow.  I PROMISE to have pics this time, I was just working my butt off the last week and got lazy
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 11:20am

Amm - Couple drops of lavender oil in there or peppermint (whatever you prefer) and it's superb.

couple drops in where?

::drooling for more::

i love plastikhaar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic