Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Other uses for braid spray?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*NOT*Principle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *NOT*Principle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Other uses for braid spray?
    Posted: July 29 2005 at 8:09am

I've come up with an idea to start using braid spray to keep the hair underneath my weave moisterized.  Does anyone else do this?  I used to use oil, but it caused the weave itself to become oily.  I remember the summer before my eighth grade year, I had braids and used the African Pride braid spray.  My hair grew fast, so I decided to use it again now.  I went to Sally's and actually took the time to read the ingredients in their spray.  Here are just a few of them:

African Pride Herbal Complex [Water, Indian Hemp Extract, Nettle Extract, Rosemary Extract, Burdock Extract, Birch Extract, Dog Rose Hips Extract, Carrageenan Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Wild Cherry Bark Extract, Dandelion Extract, Horsetail Extract, Coneflower (Echinacea Perpurea) Extract, Sambucus Nigra Extract]

A lot of those ingredients are what I constantly hear about that are good for growth. hmm

"To each his own"

tgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 4:15pm
i have used african braid spray:extra condition and extra moisturize(i used the big pink hair bottle)and i did see alot of growth in my hair too.what did your spray bottle look like?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *NOT*Principle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 6:21pm
My bottle<--This is what my bottle looks like

Edited by *NOT*Principle
"To each his own"

BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 6:28pm
I use Soft & Beautiful Botanicals moisturizing braid spray w/ keratin and lanolin to soften my new growth now that I'm trying to stretch my relaxer. It works great to keep it from breaking and becoming too hard to manage.
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
tgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 6:35pm

Originally posted by BrownEyez2 BrownEyez2 wrote:

I use Soft & Beautiful Botanicals moisturizing braid spray w/ keratin and lanolin to soften my new growth now that I'm trying to stretch my relaxer. It works great to keep it from breaking and becoming too hard to manage.

did you see any growth in your hair?and also how often do you spray your hair with it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 8:24pm
I have lots of new growth (11 weeks post relaxer), but I don't attribute it to the braid spray (however, it may be helping-it has keratin & sulfur which both aid in growth). I only use it when trying to stretch my relaxer. I use it every other day or so, just enough to keep the new growth moisturized and stop breakage. It's helping a lot so far.
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
tgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 9:31pm
o i get so it's basically helping you maintain your hair
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 9:32pm
i use the one with peppermint oil. havent used for long so i dont know if it works or not
tgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 9:40pm

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

i use the one with peppermint oil. havent used for long so i dont know if it works or not

what color was the bottle?

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 11:07pm
the same color as the picture shown above but it has a green label. im thinking of mixing it with scurl........
tgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 3:09am

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

the same color as the picture shown above but it has a green label. im thinking of mixing it with scurl........

o ok

aDior_me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aDior_me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 12:22pm
i use my braid spray to freshen up my puff when i wear one! i use the fantasia ic braid spray, smells really nice. ive also used the same african pride spray, but the same one as renee with the green label, but havent used it for a long time also..cant remember if it was all that though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *NOT*Principle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 12:42pm

Originally posted by aDior_me aDior_me wrote:

i use my braid spray to freshen up my puff when i wear one! i use the fantasia ic braid spray, smells really nice. ive also used the same african pride spray, but the same one as renee with the green label, but havent used it for a long time also..cant remember if it was all that though.

My sister is obsessed with that stuff!  I tried it and it works well with flat ironed hair.

"To each his own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 1:15pm

Originally posted by tgurl tgurl wrote:

o i get so it's basically helping you maintain your hair

Pretty much, yeah (new growth anyway)

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
tgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 1:32pm
o that's good would you recommend it to anyone else
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic