Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fusion on a fall wig? Decent iron?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
missy66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fusion on a fall wig? Decent iron?
    Posted: July 29 2005 at 10:14am

Hi

...wanted to get a fall wig- i found the prefect style here

http://www.internationalwig.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Scree n=PROD&Product_Code=WA_Melanie&Category_Code =

but i need red with blonde hilites, they dont have, so if i get solid red, can i use shrinkies on a synthetic wig?? will it melt it to add my own hilites? i already have stick tip blonde hair....

this wand is a good ....?

http://www.internationalwig.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Scree n=PROD&Product_Code=FW_FusionIron&Category_Code=FUSI ON

if i cant use fusion on a synthetic wig i assume i could do it on a human hair one...like this? ( i just did NOT want to spend this much....)

http://www.internationalwig.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Scree n=PROD&Product_Code=WA_HRevFall&Category_Code=HHWA

and would removal be the same...or really, i would never have to remove the shrinkies, would i? not like the wig would be growing LOL

MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 11:12am

Well, considering Amm and I tipped plastikhaar with shrinkies, it IS possible to use shrinkies with synth hair, but you have to be REAL careful with the temp or you will melt tthe hair RIGHT off!!!!

and you wouldn't be able to remove them with heat bc the hair would melt right off, and i woulnd't know how else to remove them but maybe someone else does.

i love plastikhaar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 11:12am
PS, why not just use microring where you have no fear of melting?
i love plastikhaar
missy66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 11:41am

hi

i guess i could use rings, never thought of that....i guess i just prefer fusion though

;0

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 12:06pm
and then you don't have to buy an iron, just a set of pliers!
i love plastikhaar
missy66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 1:07pm
do you think the rings will show though?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 1:21pm

depends on placement. i dont know where you want your highlights. check out the tutorials on www.drlocks.net

also, checkout the weft microrings, i think those give better highlights than the individual strands, but just so you know, I have never done HIGHLIGHTS with extensions. (maybe someone else will speak up here.)

i love plastikhaar
missy66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 2:29pm
streaky hilites is what i am after, all red with blonde, so maybe red is 65% with the rest the hilites..
Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 3:10pm
I know this may not be what you origionally wanted and I dont know how these would work on synth hair but have you thought about clip ins? you can get a full red color wig and buy a few small blonde clip ins and put them in when you want to have highlights. Hope that helps =) Good luck w/ ur decision
Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
missy66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 3:30pm

hi alexia

thanks, but i want, like at least, 100 streaks, tips, of blonde

;0

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic