Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help, individual strands rebel (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Indolence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indolence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, individual strands rebel (pics)
    Posted: July 30 2005 at 12:47am

back side

back side (day later, wore headphones)

I want to grow my hair out a bit buts its really hard for me. Seperate hair stands do their own thing and go their own directions. (are some even growing at different rates??) anyway, even some hairs tips seem to have been bent off in another direction from its growing path... kind of like an "L" or "J" at a lesser angle (damaged hair?).. ive tried several shampoos, conditioners that help various types: dry hair, unmanagable, frizzy, etc. If its dry, i try not to wash too much but then my scalp stinks and its yucky. its also a little coarse, i live in NJ so the weather varies and im 16

so really what im asking is what type of hair do i have and how to i solve it.. and maybe what styling products do you recommend

i wanna try to get one of these styles (preferably first two) :

thnx in advance

Edited by Indolence
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 2:55pm

That's pretty normal. Are you a mix between two different Asian ethnicities? Do you have just an ancestor or two who is not your ethnicity? Sometimes that makes a difference in your hair type. All hairs grow at different rates. Sometimes hairs that are coarser (larger stranded) will stick out for people with short hair. Heck, I had 'em too when I had a pixie haircut.

I can't recommend any products but maybe someone else can.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
lucyliusee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyliusee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 5:36pm
Yeah, that happens to me too! though i'm a girl and it only happens on top of my head where the hairs are shorter, those guys in the picture look like they have pretty long hair, so i'd say grow ur hair out longer so they're weighted down and if that doesn't work i guess u could use a heavy wax, becuase i assume you have pretty thick/heavy hair. lol,  my advise is bad, but it i use a heavy smoothing creme but i think a heavy styling wax will do the same. Good luck!
"Giggidy-Giggidy!"
lucyliusee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyliusee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 5:37pm
Might i add that the guys in those pics look like they've slapped on a gallon of product.
"Giggidy-Giggidy!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic