Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brushing wet hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brushing wet hair
    Posted: July 30 2005 at 5:46pm

please delete

Edited by mizzcathy
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 8:21pm

I think the majority of us don't brush wet hair. For.. I dunno... 98% of people in the world, it is damaging to brush wet hair (especially using a brush with "hair-like" stiff bristles).

Anyway it looks like your underlayers aren't lined up with the top layers. I think you'd have to set aside the top layer, brush the underlayers, THEN brush the top layers. That way everything will be lined up.

Hope this helps

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 8:41pm
Wait... sorry but I kinda got confused. Um... first I brushed my bottom layers then my top? Because my hair is in layers. That's probably why it looks like that. Well how do I set aside my layers?

Edited by mizzcathy
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 1:03am

Oh, sorry for the confusion. Not "layers" as in the short and long parts. It's hard to explain this:

I meant dividing your hair into the "exterior hair" vs. the hair that is hidden by the exterior hair, or in other words, the "visible hair" vs. the hair that is underneath it.

If you pull up the visible hair, brush the underneath-hair first, then brush the visible hair, everything should mostly line up.

Hope this helps

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 5:24pm

Ok now I tried to seperate my hair but it's hard to seperate. Do I part it from ear to ear or something? Maybe it looks like that because I am not brushing it all the same directions. Or maybe I should part my hair in the middle or something so it's easier. what would you do to get your hair flat, smooth, and sleek while it's wet?

Edited by mizzcathy
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 10:07pm
Pretend this is your head

(@¿@)

and this is your head with hair

//(@¿@)\\

See how there is outer hair and inner hair? She means lift up the outer hair and brush the inner hair like this
/|(@¿@)|\

Then brush the outer hair.
||(@¿@)||

When you make your sections your part lines will be like this

_____ 
horizontal

not like this

|
| vertical
|

mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 11:19pm

I am so so sorry but huh?

I get how my hair has and outer hair and inner but do I just part it from ear to ear? Like how do I pull the outer hair out? Do I use the brush, comb, or hands?

2 minutes later.... I think I get it. Do you want me to part my hair ---- this way (ear to ear) and then brush the back then the front and then put the front on top of the back and brush it?

Edited by mizzcathy
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 8:49pm
He-hello??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 10:02pm
Here's an illustration of how you do your sections.

Divide your hair into at least that many sections on both sides.

Keep the top sections out of your way and work on the bottom sections first.
If you need to make smaller sections that is fine but do all the bottom ones first.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 10:06pm
Here's what I mean when I say if you need more sections.

mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 4:57pm
Ok today i rinsed my hair out and instead of combing it (which I already did it the morning) I brushed it back. Now it's alot smoother and less lines but I tried dividing sections and my hair is too thick to do that. Maybe I should gain up some courage and call my cousin on how she does it. She does a great job and she has hair like me. See I am too shy to talk to people that might not wanna be bothered. And this would be the 3rd time I called her in two monthes. She might think of me as annoying if I keep asking her "how she does her hair". She might think I am obsessed with her or something.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 5:41pm

Hey, that's what family is for. So you can bug them about stuff when you need help.  Your cousin is probably thinking, "heeey, she needs MY help and that is tres cool". When you're dividing your hair to work on one section at a time, maybe use some hair ties to restrain what you're not working on. That way you can focus without a bunch of hair getting in your way. Good luck

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic