Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help -what color and how?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kooky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help -what color and how?
    Posted: July 31 2005 at 1:40pm

What a great board!  I wish I knew about it a long time ago!!

I have fine thin straight just above shoulder length hair.  A year ago I used Loreal color expert level 8 on my professionally higlighted and lowlighted hair.  Needless to say my hair came out bright orange and real damaged.  I did nothing to it for about 4 months.  I started growing white/grey hairs at my forehead and wee  bit at the temples.  I found at the clairol Q&A that if i used a demi half 6n and half 6a it would tone down orange.  I tried it on my bangs and on the grey parts.  I used it for touchups only in those places when needed and let the rest grow out.   My natural haircolor looks like a chestnut in some light and a level 6 in others.  It looks rather ashy but really pulls red when lifted. When touching up the bangs with the demi 6n , i painted a few of the sides to blend in the remaining highlighted blonde from last year.  It looks very ashy  and I just want to make it one color.  I still have quite a bit of blond left in the back even though I have been growing it out for a year.

I thought the wella perm 6w praline would be a pretty color.  I tried it just on the grey part and a little on the bangs.  I left on full amount of time.  Did nothing on the grey hair and seem to leave a dark orange hue.  (i seem to do better with clairol).

I like the dark golden blondes.  I don't want red b/c my complexion is light but very ruddy.    Can anyone suggest what color i should try? I really want to have one color all over.

I don't have the money for a professional.  Besides when I used to pay $175 for highlights, they were never the color I likes.  They either were a light strawberry blond or a beigy blonde which was too light for my coloring. 

LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 6:40pm
I do different shades of L'Oréal Féria browns on my mom who has greys
also in her temples and a few strands in the rest of her hair and it covers
great and does not leave her greys red or orange. That's what I suggest,
but of course, I've been using brown shades on her and not golden
blondes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic