Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

right shampoo for my flaky hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wendyladi98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: right shampoo for my flaky hair
    Posted: August 01 2005 at 4:55pm

I need advice on my hair and I am not sure what products to use. First of all it is barely shoulderlength slightly fine and slightly wavy with a tendancy to be oily if not washed at least every other day. I have flakes in a cradle cap pattern that seem to be a dry scalp issue. I have been told this by a couple of hairdressers. I hate dandruff shampoos and the more I read they seem to be awful for the hair. I am trying to grow my hair long and need to take great pains with what I use. Should I look for a dry scalp product? I have been using paul michell's tea tree shampoo and I love it but it just isn't doing anything helpful with the flakes. It seems to be more under control when I remember to brush my scalp regularly, shampoo every day, and watch it like a hawk but even then it feels a little tight. I have been told my hair is in fabulous condition, shiny bouncy, virgin hair. So what is up with my scalp and what should I do?

Thanks,

Wendy

"In the darkness, see the light. Remember God loves you"
Jade30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 10:05pm

Sounds like a small dandruff problem. I actually have a small dandruff problem myself.

Once in a while I'll get a few flakes. My stylist recommened Redkins' Dandruff shampoo for me. I use it every other month or so and that keeps the dandruff away. My son has a small flake proble as well, I've used it on him a few times and it has helped also.

Give it a shot, can't hurt. All you have to lose is a few bucks. :)  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic