Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

weft/glue technique

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: weft/glue technique
    Posted: August 03 2005 at 2:21am

Sorry, I don't want to be a big pain in the arse and be all 'tell me this, tell me that'  but I also have some questions about bonded wefts.

Basically, I have to take out this shrinkie install as its shedding like crazy now, and I need to get my hair back in place fast so I don't have time to pre tip another load and see if that works, so I want to do something fast, and I don't mind if it doesnt last that long, which is why I'm trying to decide between doing a weft install with shrinkies or glue.

I've read the thread linked in the 101 sticky topic for Sherries sandwich weft technique and it sounds pretty straighforward except I'm not clear on just a couple things:

"When I do weft bonding with Liquid Gold I brush the glue on the weft and the parting area. "

Does that mean Sherrie that you put the glue on your actual parting? As in, on the skin where you part the hair? I've always tried to avoid getting the glue on my skin when I've used the latex glue or whatever in the past. Sorry if thats a stupid question...

"I let it set for a few seconds to get a little tacky then apply. I keep holding and pressing especially the ends until they stick, then run my fingers back and forth over the bonded area pressing the hair into the glue really well"

I feel like when I try this, if I put glue on the underside of the weft and the hair i'm attaching it to, when I press on it like that it's just going to push straight through to all the hair underneath and make a big mess... is there a special way to avoid that?

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 2:34am

"When I do weft bonding with Liquid Gold I brush the glue on the weft and the parting area. "

I believe she means right under the part, on the hair itself

"I let it set for a few seconds to get a little tacky then apply. I keep holding and pressing especially the ends until they stick, then run my fingers back and forth over the bonded area pressing the hair into the glue really well"

It wont make a mess, it'll just grip in better, Liquid gold isnt near as runny as latex

Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 2:37am
Sweet, thank you Kalika! I will do a test weft in the AM and see how much of a mess I make, haha.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 6:14am
ditto what kalika said! when I say the part area. I mean at the root of the hair, sorry for the confusion!
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 11:57am
When installing wefts, how far apart your your sections?  I am thinking of trying this also, still on the fence.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic