Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

has anyone trained with HAIRLOCS ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: has anyone trained with HAIRLOCS ?
    Posted: August 03 2005 at 11:49am

...as i was wondering where they get their hair from?  It seems after you train with them, theyput you in touch with suppliers of full cuticle spanish,russian & italian hair. Very curious.

xx

Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 2:10pm
Sand (tangles) is trained in Hairlocs.
I have always wondered if the Hairlocs hair was better or the
same quality as Great Lengths hair.......

Sand you around.....would love to know what you think?
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:53am

Hello

yes i am trained in Hairlocs, their hair is by far the best i have used so far. it is actually very comparable to EP at this point too.

the thing i really like about hairlocs is you can custom blend the hair. so i can order it say like a #6 and #24 and have it blended so each strand has both colors. i am very pleased with the hair and also very open to trying others...

far as same quality as GL- Gl in my opinion is thinner and doesnt hold up very well. I have removed a lot of GL from women and i didnt care for it.

if you are certifed in Hairlocs, you could purchase the hair from them, they do not give you suppliers to go to- they Are the suppliers, the owners are very nice folks as well.

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 9:06am
Thanks so much for the reply Sand....I have always wanted to
compare the quality of the two companies. Very Interesting!!
Would you say that Hairlocs hair is comparably priced to EP
and GL and what "type" EP hair would you say is most like
Hairlocs hair in your opinion.?

Edited by Save~A~Stray
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 1:14am

Originally posted by Save~A~Stray Save~A~Stray wrote:

Thanks so much for the reply Sand....I have always wanted to
compare the quality of the two companies. Very Interesting!!
Would you say that Hairlocs hair is comparably priced to EP
and GL and what "type" EP hair would you say is most like
Hairlocs hair in your opinion.?

hmmm lets see, prices, i guess you would have to check for yourself, its all different, i do alot of custom work that EP doesnt do in single strands, GL i know nothing about the cost of hair just the quality i have seen i am not impressed, and EP and Hairlocs hair, i would say the type is both the standard type, EP softwear and hairlocs standard- which i know comes straight in both companys but give a real nice curl when wet or dried with a dyfusier.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:23pm
Thanks again for the input.
ilovedoublea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovedoublea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:50pm
Save A Stray-I have been trained w/Lahairextensions, it is an awesome class, they teach 5 different hair extension techniques and they will come to your city if there is 2 or more students, They just taught me a class in las vegas last month and I loved it! I know they have a web-site too it is.......lahairextensions.com Just wanted to share that w/you.LOL
www.JoBugJewelry.com
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:20pm

Thanks guys, ive always wondered about Hairlocs as i was pretty inspired from a guy who posted here some months ago.  He uses's hairlocs hair and his work is awsome.

xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 11:18pm
iLove~Thanks...I had a look at the site....can you tell me more
about the Micro Beads? Are they anything like Pro Tubes
(hairpiece.com). It says the class deposit is $500...so how much
is the total day class? I never usually think many of these "learn
5 methods" classes in one day are necessarily the best way to
go for some reason. Although you said you really thought it was
awesome.......which methods did you find were the best? I
mean any excuse to go to Vegas but I see many of these
places offering to teach you 5-7 methods and maybe only one
or two are of interest.....that's why I would like to hear more
about your class.....if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 1:03am

may i add my imput??

i checked out the site and called the educator- the micro beads from waht she said is like no other, to me they look like jewerly crimp beads, sh said they were not like protubes or hairlocs. and the class cost is $2 grand

they teach you how to do the micro beading and also how to color them, she said they are tiny tiny. me personally, i wasnt impressed,

jmho

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 2:34pm
$2,000!!OMG.....for a 8hr class minus lunch and breaks
...so say 61/2 hrs- 7hrs.
I would really like to hear what made this class worth $2000.....

Gina went on a 5 method class and spent I think about the
$450 range. I can't see the methods being that much
different...the micro beading looks like the malaysian loc
method just it was done with shrinkies. The single braid is
probably similar to the invisible strands that Gina was taught. A
fusion method.....well how many ways is there to do fusion..

Hmmm....sounds like alot of money for nothing more than any
other multiple classes offer ....just this one charges an arm and
a leg.

Anyway..iLove appreciate you sharing your good experience
and hope you enjoy your new skills. Please let us know if we
are missing something here????

Edited by Save~A~Stray

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovedoublea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 2:48pm

SAVE-A-STRAY :-) I liked the class because the class came with indivudal kits for each type, also it was good to learn the pos and negative of doing each type so I could know what option to  choose for each clients needs.(Because not everyone can wear the same type of application). It was a 1 day class and I needed her to come to Vegas where I live so that was nice, we only had 6 people in the class, they like to give one on one time and that was really important for me so I could ask quesions and stuff.You do have to be lic. or a student. I preffered the microbeading but it was nice to learn others too.My kit also included all the tools and accessories for practice and to get started on clients. All I need to do is have the client pay up front for the hair so I don't lose money and they give co. info on where to get that to and you can make money off the hair also.I did have to sign a contract that I wouldn't teach others the technique because they dont want to have clients get microbeading done by those who dont know exactly what they are dong and give microbeading a bad name-which is nice too. Anyway Im just going on and on...you can talk to the educator and she will fill you in on questions you have. (she is very cool) I thought it was worth the money and now I have friends taking it too.I hope this helps :-)

Edited by ilovedoublea
www.JoBugJewelry.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 12:05am
Ilove~ Thanks for sharing!! Good luck with everything..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovedoublea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 11:20am

TanglesRC-I don't think that was very fair for you to judge the class I took w/o taking it yourself and I don't want LAHairextensions to get a bad name because you judged by a phone call, It was great and they work very hard in their bussiness to help us learn, not sell. I'm not trying to be rude just professional

Edited by ilovedoublea
www.JoBugJewelry.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovedoublea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 11:25am
Save-Thanks, you too
www.JoBugJewelry.com
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by TanglesRC TanglesRC wrote:

me personally, i wasnt impressed,

jmho

excuse me if you think i was JUDGING i was just giveing my imput.

I am not trying to give ANYONE a bad name, all i did was state what they told me on the phone and i said i wasnt impressed.

sorry if you were offended.

Edited by TanglesRC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic