Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

black with blonde hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eastindiangurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastindiangurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: black with blonde hair?
    Posted: August 03 2005 at 2:24pm
So what's your take on that subject?  I personally say it's fine, as long as you know what shade looks good with your skin tone.  I was gonna dye my hair again but I've read alot of negative comments (not here but on other forums) about black women with blonde hair.  I think it looks fine on some people, and I've gotten a ton of compliments in the past, even by white people.  Some say it's a form of self hatred.  Others say it's just self expression.  What's your take?  I welcome all opinions.
Taking long hair to a whole new level
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 4:04pm
I think if you like it do it. It's your hair no one elses so their comments should not matter to you at all.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 4:51pm
I think that its your choice. If you want blonde highlights get blonde highlights. Don't let other peoples opinions keep you from doing what you want.
*NOT*Principle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *NOT*Principle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 5:01pm
people may as well do to their hair as they wish because i've seen even white women who look better as brunettes and not blondes so who's to say a black women can't look good with blonde or red hair?
"To each his own"

oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 5:31pm

exactly Notprinciple..............i've seen many white women who dont look so good with blonde either (Linsey Lohan and sarah michelle gellar) for example.  i think not. its fun and creative and thats that. do whateevr u wish.

Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 5:56pm
Its a form of self expression, do what makes you happy!
*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastindiangurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 8:47am
Thank you everybody!  I just wanted to see what everyone else thought about it.  I'll post pics when I'm done with it later on.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 1:36pm
Can't wait to see the pics. I don't care what color people want their hair...it dont belong to me so I don't have much say over it.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 2:30pm

yes please lets see results....

off topic:

i think i recognise you from myspace

Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 9:51pm

Just as jet black hair doesn't look great on everybody, I think as long as it complements your skin tone-- go 'head on!  No matter your race. 

But its up to you ultimately!

SilverRaine80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverRaine80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 9:50am

As far as the self-hatred angle...screw that...It would be grand if eveyone choose a hair color that suited them individually, but its a free world and if it makes you happy I say go for it...thats all that matters! Besides there are a lot of shades of blond, some dark people have blond hair naturally anyhoo.

Edited by SilverRaine80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastindiangurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:46pm

Yep Renee, I'm from myspace!

I posted the pics under a new thread called "before & after".

Sistaslick I agree with you on that front. I've seen alot of black women that are lighter skinned and the jet black/dark brown is too harsh looking. 

tiffiney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiffiney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 3:31pm

sista slick your hair looks great!!

what kind of hair care regime have you been using?? im curious to know what kind of hair care you had b4 and after...do you post messages on the "grow out challenge" board??

how can we see your photo album tracking ur progress??

Ivy Epitome
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 9:25pm
sistaslick's album is in her signature showing pics of her before and after hair and progress. PM her for the password. HTH!

Edited by Renee
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic