Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Before & After Pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eastindiangurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastindiangurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Before & After Pics
    Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:53pm

Ok, so I cheated.  I didn't dye MY hair, instead I bought 16" silky yaki in "honeymoon" and blended it in with my hair in order to get a highlighted look by alternating wefts of hair between my own hair.  The dark strands are my hair, the light strands are the extentions. I used a temporary hair color on top of my hair from Sally's.  I like my own natural color though, but I thought I'd switch it up a bit for a change.  It only took me about an hour and a half to do and cost about 35.00 for the supplies.

And now the visuals! Before:

AND AFTER!

Taking long hair to a whole new level
aDior_me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aDior_me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:59pm

who cares if you cheated, atleast your hairs still got its health!!! looks nice!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastindiangurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 1:34pm
ahah thank you!  There's no way I could ever use peroxide containing dyes in my hair because it's already fragile enough.  Besides, buying the hair in the color you want is way easier than trying to color your own and not getting the results you want!
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 3:12pm
That looks nice.  I wouldn't have dyed mine either. I like your natural color too so I don't blame you.  I've been wanted to do the same thing you did with the hair pieces for forever but I just didn't really know how.  Soon I'm gonna try to make my own clip-ins but I don't know how it's gonna turn out.  How did you do yours?  What temp. color did you use? 
tiffiney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiffiney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 3:35pm
wow! u did a great job..looks professional from the pics and only an hour and a half!! kudos
Ivy Epitome

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastindiangurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 6:30pm

Hey Pokahontas!  It's really easy...I glued in the wefts but I only wear them a week at a time and then take them out.  Here's some pics that might help you...

1.) First I washed and dried my hair.  Made sure it was oiled with Perm-Repair Hair lotion and Motions Moisturizer.  Then I sprayed the temporary color until my hair was lighter and combed it though.  I used 2 different temp colors- a spray and a highlighter.  You don't use the highlighter till last.

2.) I made a side part in hair and then glued in the human hair wefts until I covered my entire head.

3.) Then I used the mascara hair highlighter at the roots,baby hair and where my natural hair was still black on top.  The hair mascara highlighter gives you more control over the spray and you can control if you want the color lighter or darker in some spots.  Both the spray and highlighter were 3.99 at Sallys.

The best part of all is that this stuff washes out and the temporary color is just like hairspray so your hair isn't cakey or stiff.

Hope this helps!  I've also done this with red highlights too...almost any color you can think off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 8:39am
Originally posted by eastindiangurl eastindiangurl wrote:

Hey Pokahontas!  It's really easy...I glued in the wefts but I only wear them a week at a time and then take them out.  Here's some pics that might help you...

1.) First I washed and dried my hair.  Made sure it was oiled with Perm-Repair Hair lotion and Motions Moisturizer.  Then I sprayed the temporary color until my hair was lighter and combed it though.  I used 2 different temp colors- a spray and a highlighter.  You don't use the highlighter till last.

2.) I made a side part in hair and then glued in the human hair wefts until I covered my entire head.

3.) Then I used the mascara hair highlighter at the roots,baby hair and where my natural hair was still black on top.  The hair mascara highlighter gives you more control over the spray and you can control if you want the color lighter or darker in some spots.  Both the spray and highlighter were 3.99 at Sallys.

The best part of all is that this stuff washes out and the temporary color is just like hairspray so your hair isn't cakey or stiff.

Hope this helps!  I've also done this with red highlights too...almost any color you can think off. 

Thanks eastindiangurl!  Yes that helped a lot.  It seems very easy.  I think I might try this sometime.  I was thinking of gluing the hair wefts onto these clips I saw online and just clipping them in but I just haven't bought the clips yet.  I had that spray hair color at one time but I've never had the mascara.  The smell of that spary kinda gave me a headache though.

Just one more question....what kinda hair did you use?  I'm clueless on that.  I really like that color.  Is it synthetic or human?  Thanks again!  Your results came out great, and the best thing is that it's not permanent.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 8:42am
oops....sorry, I see what kinda hair you used.  Is that synthetic?
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 9:38am
It looks great!!!
DiamondPrincess   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastindiangurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 9:58am

Originally posted by Pokahontas Pokahontas wrote:

It's human hair, only because synthetic hair is horrible after 2 days! The brand is Zury, color "honeymoon", in 16".  Zury is kind of expensive, so I would get human hair in the closest color.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastindiangurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 10:00am

Originally posted by diamondprincess diamondprincess wrote:

It looks great!!!

Thank you diamond!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 10:11am
Originally posted by eastindiangurl eastindiangurl wrote:

Originally posted by Pokahontas Pokahontas wrote:

It's human hair, only because synthetic hair is horrible after 2 days! The brand is Zury, color "honeymoon", in 16".  Zury is kind of expensive, so I would get human hair in the closest color.

Thanks girl!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic