Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my hair annoys me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Drivar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my hair annoys me
    Posted: August 06 2005 at 7:41pm

Hi all,

I dont know if this is the place to post sorry if not, im new!

Basicly i dont like my hair.. after it gets to the 3" or more stage it starts to get wavey and kinda start to curl a bit on the ends. I dont know anything about hair but ild just like to keep it straight so i dont have to keep cutting it.

Its a long shot but is there much i can do?

Cheers

-Bren

ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 7:59pm

Hello!

Welcome to the boards, we'd sure like to help you.

It certainly doesn't matter whether you are male or female, but we might be able to suggest something based on your answer.

For example, if you are a male, I gather you may possibly have bangs, or you simply don't like the curl? If you do not like the curl, may I ask, is it because the other males in your area do not have curly hair, or you just can't embrace them on your own head?

I should have waited before suggesting answers. LOL.

Please let us know a bit more and we'll see what we can come up with.

Karen Marie

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
Drivar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 8:07pm

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes i am male :)  Im not much of a fan the curl.
What are bangs?

Id just prefer less wavey/friz hair and less maintenance straighter hair so i can do more with it if possible.

thanks

Brendan

ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 8:57pm

Ah, good, didn't want to be guilty of assuming things.

Certainly I don't mean to sound like I'm interviewing you, but if you could, please tell us a bit more about your hair type and even the curl. Tight curls? Loose wavy curls? As you mentioned frizz, it may not be your hair type, but the products you are using. Do you use a standard shampoo all the time, and do you follow each shampoo with conditioner? Do you blow dry?

Sorry to ask so many questions. This will help us to determine your hair type and there may be other members with similar hair to yours who could suggest ideas for you.

A coarse and wavy hair type may very well fight any measures to tame it's body. Then again, if you have finer hair, it may lay straighter with a product to weigh it down.

I'm sorry, I used the term bangs and then noticed you were in Australia. Not certain what you call them there, they are often referred to as fringe.

Though I realize you mentioned you were not a fan of the curl, have you or would you consider using a gel to make your hair more of a wave than a curl?

Reply when you can and we'll sure try to help.

Karen Marie

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
Drivar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 9:09pm

I tend to keep my hair short so it doesnt get wavey. When i do my hair i ususaly just mess it up and stick the frindge up. I find it to hard to do anything with it ones it gets a bit longer. It has a mind of its own!

My hair is a bit thicker than normal, not tight curls at all.. more wavey than anything.

I just usualy use some random shampoo every morning, i know nothing about hair products!!

I just want it as straight and tame as possible :)

thanks
Brendan

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 4:18pm
Since you're not looking to have really long hair (and therefore probably aren't worried about the condition of your hair), you could probably use one of those straightening hot irons.
Drivar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 5:49pm
Is there any other way? - my family might think im a bit unusual using a hot iron :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic