Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*The BEST!* Just had to share...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tiramisu2c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiramisu2c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *The BEST!* Just had to share...
    Posted: August 09 2005 at 9:57am
Hey All!
I've discovered the best scrunchie/elastics ever, and I wanted to share them with my new hair friends! 
For me, scrunchies did not hold my hair tight enough in a pony (it's very thick and wavy), so I was using elastics.  However, I can't tell you how many of them had broken and become straight elastic strings because of tying them so tightly around my thick pony.  Then, I found some with the glue or metal claps, etc.  I wasn't thrilled about putting metal in my hair (especially wet hair - eewww..rust!) and even the woven ones I found un-wove themselves after my oh-so-frequent use.  ANYWAY, my discovery has made me pony-happy!!
They're made by Scunci!
They are called "No-Damage - Soft and Light" because they have nothing that holds them together!  What's so great about them is that they are made out of the same thing that a good pair of stockings is made out of.  They are just PERFECT.  They only come in black from what I've seen, but they're thin and all.  They're the best thing I've ever bought for my hair!  I am always in fear of a company discontinuing my favorite products, so at $2-$3 a pack (12 count) I stocked up and bought like 4.  I use them ALL the time.  I carry one in my bag, one on my wrist, and one in my hair at all times, lol. 
Whenever friends ask for a scrunci I give them one of mine, and they LOVE them.  I let them keep it because I have so many. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share with all my new hair friends, as I know all of you long-haired ones need to take the best care of your hair!  These are PERFECT, and much less obvious than a big fat scrunci!  Plus they hold your hair through anything (I like them for sports, working out, swimming, etc)!
LOVE,
Christine
PS - Mine get wet all the time in the shower because like I said, I wear them on my wrist all the time, lol, and they dry quicker than anything because they're so thin, but strong!
PPS - I got mine at CVS, Walgreens...anywhere they sell Scunci products! 
PPPS - LOL I've been using them for at least 2 years now, and I've NEVER ever had one break.  Sometimes I lose them, or lend them out to people or whatever, but I've never had to throw one away!  Try them!
Hope you like!

Edited by Tiramisu2c

"Long Hair Wishes and Frizz-Free Dreams!"
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 5:14pm
Glad to hear you've found a good working solution, Christine.  The terrycloth elastics (that I use as a base for the ponytail) don't seem to hold in place very well.  Anymore, I merely use them to form a ponytail before braiding my hair... and then I take the elastic off.  TO hold the end of the braid I use Goody ouchless no metal clasp elastics, which work great.
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 6:46pm
Ooo I have some of those! They are reallllly goood like you said! they never broke on me and they hold your pony good.

Edited by mizzcathy
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!
Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 6:14pm
Wow, I'll have to keep an eye out for those! My hair's pretty thick, too, and I'm always breaking elastics or stretching them out.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic