Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**Newbie **

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **Newbie **
    Posted: August 15 2005 at 1:51pm

Hello

I'm new to Hair Boutique and am hoping to learn and share information here.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 3:00pm
Howdy, HG.
ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 3:58pm

Hello!

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the boards! You are certain to find many friends and much wonderful advice on this forum.

Jump right in!

Karen Marie

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 5:46pm
Hi Hair Goddess,

I'm Robert / PurpleBubba from Michigan. I'm a long time member here.
I hope you enjoy it here and find what you need.

It's kinda funny because I usualy use the words learning and sharing when talking to new people so it's great that you said that.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 6:24pm
Howdy Hair Goddess 

Tell us about your hair - what's it's like how, what you want it to be like... length & style, etc.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 8:10pm

Welcome, Hair Goddess

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 8:17pm
Welcome!!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 4:16am
Welcome Hair goddess 
Pixie_Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie_Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 6:58am
Welcome Hair Goddess!
~*Pixie*~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 1:16pm

Thanks to all for the friendly warm welcome.

My hair is currently just shoulder length.  I've had a lot of damage with heat and chemicals for many years.  However for the past two years, I've stopped perms all together and as of this month I no longer blow dry my hair.

My goal is to reach 3 inches more by December.  I would like waist length hair, but will settle for mid-back.

Currently the only regimine I have at this time is cond/wash and rinsing everyday.  Also moisture is important.

Does anyone do braid outs or twist outs here?

Edited by Hair Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 1:22pm
It sounds like you have a good routine going.

Is your hair wavy, curly? I mean when not permed.

From where you are now to mid back isn't too much to hope for. You should be there soon. Even with some trims it shouldn't take too long. And I don't think waist length is out of reach but it's good that you have more than one goal.

Are you currently just reaching the shoulders or kinda starting to pass? Is there a lot of perm to grow out still?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 1:07pm

My hair just touch the tip of my shoulder.  My hair is not permed.  I used to take hair vitamins, however the growth rate is actually better without them.  I eat a lot of protein and have at least 1 protein shake per day.

I had a lot of damage from hairdressers with perms, weaves, extensions, etc. until January 2003.  I decided that I would go it alone without them.  "Nightmare"...long, long, story.

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 5:53am

Welcome Hair Goddess,  Your hair looks great.

Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 6:12am
I think you can get the 3 inches by then or real close to it.
Is there something like a wedding in december that you're wanting longer hair for or just using that as a deadline?

Congrats on growing out the perm and getting all the way to almost mid back.

I take some Biotin and MSM but only a low dose. I don't know if it helps or not but I'm not trying to get it to grow faster. Just better if possible. I think it's helping my nails and my hair is averaging about .6 inches per month this year. But I don't know if that's more or less than before the pills.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:09pm
Hey HG,

Whether or not your hair will grow 3 inches by December depends on your growth rate.  6 inches per year is 2 inches in 4 months (December).  If your hair grows 9 inches per year, then yes, it could grow 3 inches by mid-December.  Of course, any trims will subtract from what grows.

Nice avatar photo.  Have I seen it at TLHS in the hair care section?

P.S. to TLSF: Her hair is shoulder length.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 6:36pm

Originally posted by PurpleBubba PurpleBubba wrote:

I think you can get the 3 inches by then or real close to it.
Is there something like a wedding in december that you're wanting longer hair for or just using that as a deadline?

Congrats on growing out the perm and getting all the way to almost mid back.

I take some Biotin and MSM but only a low dose. I don't know if it helps or not but I'm not trying to get it to grow faster. Just better if possible. I think it's helping my nails and my hair is averaging about .6 inches per month this year. But I don't know if that's more or less than before the pills.

Hi there,

Sorry for the very long delay.  To answer your question, I figured I'd go for December because it's the end of the year and my B-Day.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic