Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A few questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few questions
    Posted: August 15 2005 at 4:20pm
I don't know an awful lot about hair, even though I have plenty of it :).  I just wanted to get a few terms cleared up.

When bleaching hair, what is overlapping and how can it damage the hair?

What is the difference between a tonor and hair dye?

hat are the levels of hair colour?
< id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" style="display: none;"> < ="text/">
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 3:06am
bleaching is removing pigment from your hair (color) and yea it is damage.. thats all i know. i will let the rest of people here answer about toners because i dont like them lol. 
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 7:36am
People usually use toners after bleaching (or sometimes after dyeing I think). They don't change the level of your hair, just change the tone (for instance if its too yellow or brassy, you can use a toner to tone it down and make it more natural looking).  I've never used them either.  They seem to fade from what people say, so if you get the shade you want by using the correct dyes you have less of a problem keeping it looking good.

I answered your question about overlapping in the other post too.  Its just when they do your roots, they overlap if they get bleach on the hair that has already been bleached instead of just the new hair.  A little overlap will happen, because no one is precise to the millimeter, but its better to minimize it.

This page may explain more to you about hair dye, and scroll down to "Levels of Hair Color" for a list of the levels.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic