Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Special Elite Forum Idea?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 4:12pm

Originally posted by MmeduKrue MmeduKrue wrote:

Hi all! I confess it took a long time until I understood what a report button is... I asked my favorite translation program (named leo) and he spat out a lot of different meanings...  @Sherrie: Thank you for your warm welcome! @Karen: I understand these misbehaving people are a pain in the neck for you. And you are absolutely right thinking about a solution getting rid of these (insert a really dirty,bad word of your choice) people. But please don`t forget this board helps people all over the world to get information about our favorite theme "extensions" and we newbies are thankful  to get competent advice. Here in Germany we have a board where people use to discuss about hair and sometimes there is a topic about extensions,  but people are not willingly to share their know-how.And every few days appears someone who posts incredible insulting things about people wearing extensions.... It seems as if there is no mod controlling the posts. But it exists a "blacklist-button". Every user is able to supress postings from people he dislike. And if the community stick together and don`t read annoying posts it means for trolls:"No feedback, no fun!"  Imagine, I read a lot of posts at HairBoutique.com and I thought: "Whow, it is such a friendly board - compared to my favorite german board- but now I understand it is your hard work to keep the threads "clean".  I don`t know a solution for this problem, but all I know is there are few people who misbehave but a lot of people who are glad and thankful this community exists. One stinky person gives a deeper impression than ten friendly people... Hmm...Have a nice day everybody!!!

Hi MmeduKrue,

If I didn't welcome you...my apologies.  Welcome to HairTalk.

Thanks for your feedback.  I am not sure there is really a solution to misbehaving people, especially as long as they can be virtually anonymous, but I believe in offering people the opportunity to give their feedback..which is why I asked the question of the board.  I am perfectly fine with keeping things exactly the way that they are and wouldn't change anything unless the majority wanted to do so. 

I do understand that no matter how hard we try to make things work as well as possible, there are always flies that somehow land in the ointment.  :-) 

Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts.

Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
AfroPuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroPuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 12:22pm

Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

I think I tend to follow along the same line of thought as you on the moderator idea AstroPuffs. And honestly, the incidents of trolls or problem posters has been pretty few considering the amount of activity on this board.

LOL... that's AfroPuffs...but I like AstroPuffs too though..

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 4:06pm
LOL...sorry AfroPuffs....hehehe didnt even realize I types ASTROPUFFS! Silly me... (Forgive me....)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic