Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

F’ugly hair extension color - need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
elfi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F’ugly hair extension color - need help
    Posted: August 19 2005 at 5:07pm
I recently had extensions put in my yellow-bleached out hair (my roots grow in a warm-ish brown). The extensions are a mix of white-ash color with a very 'cool' dark brown. It's natural hair, not the most expensive but not cheap, and were braided in. They are so not matching my hair. It was the extension artist's preference but I am *really really* hating this hair!! It looks like grey hair from a distance, a totally gross look on me. I'm pretty new to extensions, can this stuff be bleached or colored to match my yellowy bleached hair, or should I just get my real hair colored to match the extensions? I don't want to f**k up my real hair or make the extensions any drier than they already are, and after spending the money and time to have them in, I'm not ready to have them taken out yet. Thanks for any suggestions!
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 8:30pm
 You can use semi permanant color like shades to change the tone as in warming  up ash brown or make darker as in taking light blond to golden blond. Do not use permanent color on extension hair. The stylist should have done a better job matching the color. Next time if it's wrong don't let her put it in. she should know better
elfi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 11:22pm
Thanks! I'll try that.
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 4:00am
becareful dying extensions.. i also had the exact same problem and when i dyed them it was only a waste of money, it didnt work and they still didnt match my hair. i think you should just find extensions that are YOUR color as you have it now, or at least the closest match (what your describing doesnt sound like it matches at all). tell the person that puts them on to put them as high as she/he can without it being noticible..then it will look like your real hair is the highlights and the extensions your real hair. worked for me. goodluck tho.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic