Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my most recent pic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my most recent pic
    Posted: August 19 2005 at 5:22pm

Here's my most recent pic for this month. I feel like cutting my hair again and I am trying real hard not to think about it so instead I took a pic to see how it looks...

mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 6:15pm
Oh no don't cut your hair! I like it the way it is. Maybe you'll like it cut in layers if you really wanna cut it, but I like it long cuz it looks nice.
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 5:34am
Hi Crazy girl, your hair looks really nice and healthy, and so thick!
I dont think that you need to cut it of!
That is if you dont want to?

94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 10:39am
looks great definitly don't need to cut it. please kepp growing if you want, I know a lot would love to see it longer
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 3:18pm
Beautiful! 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 3:28pm
wow your hair is so pretty.Just think of all the jealous girls.(myself included) .I'd vote to keep it growing.
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 11:54pm
If you feel you want to cut it, try taking a few inches off and see how you feel. Do a little at a time so you can stop if you change your mind.
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 12:18am

Wowzers, I don't see why you'd want to cut it  That's really lovely!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 5:50am
Looks absolutely beautiful,  please don't cut it.  I like the tappering to a point effect.  let it grow.
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 7:24am
Another "V"ote for stay long. You have a very nicely done V shape.

Are you having trouble with updos or something?

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:25pm
Hmm... I look at your pic, and think everything looks good.  What has possessed you to think about cutting?

You'd be crazy, girl, to cut that hair! 

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 9:04am
I agree with the others who say to throw the scissors away!  I too, love the last several inches that go to a "V".  Great hair!
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 10:14am
Thanks you guys! I too love my hair and so does my boyfriend (it was his idea to grow out my hair after all) but Purple Bubba was right, I can't seem to do anything else with my hair. I put it on a pony tail but that's about it. It takes some work to get my hair this "nice" looking. It looks frizzy most of the time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 1:10pm
Ok my advice would be if you're having too much trouble try growing out the V a tiny bit until it's more like a U. A lot of people have trouble with updos when they have layers in their hair and U and V shapes are layered hair. That's why I suspected that maybe it was updos that were bugging you.

Do you know how to do a Gibson Tuck? Your hair looks long enough that even with the V shape you might be able to get one of those to hold.

You basically gather your hair near the nape as if to make a tail. put an elastic on for the tail. Then just above the band make a little pocket and take your tail and stuff it in that pocket. You can then either secure it with pins or try some hairsticks.

The only how to I've been able to find online so far is on this page
http://www.longlocks.com/hairstyles.htm

They show a few more styles too. But it's just word instructions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 1:14pm
Oh, it's listed as The Elegant Gibson and they say to put the band a little further down from the nape. Either start it there or slide it down from the nape.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic