Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Products for EP hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Products for EP hair
    Posted: August 20 2005 at 9:56pm
for those with EP hair, naturally curly: what products do you use  (if any) for moisture after conditioner. Mine keeps drying out..
K-B
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 10:52pm
Did you ever post any pics of your EP?  What length did you get and how curly is it?  I'm still struggling to keep my naturegirl from becoming dry too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 12:59am
what texture of NG do you have? I didn't have problem w/ drying when i wore NG 3b curly. I used the John Freida serum sometimes,  and also NG recommended Pantene 3 min leave in conditioner stuff. But i found any good conditioner worked for me. I used Goldwell for dry and porous hair (which also helps my EP, but EP hair gets heavy w/ too many products so serums are out, where NG seemed to love any product). Also, are u using the hask placenta stuff on NG.. I think that's on nG rec product list too. HTH
K-B
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 1:31am
They (ep ) recomend a deep clensing shampoo and K-pack by joico
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 1:33am
mine was NG 3b too. Some of it gets dryer than other parts. I think I have a few troubled wefts that tend to get dry. I have Goldwell, maybe I will try that.  I have that placenta stuff too, but havent used it. Are you suppose to leave it in or rinse it out?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:36am
Thanks marie.

Cherry: Hask is for leave in.
K-B
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 8:07am

Forgot to say deep clense is if it is getting product build up. They all so sell there own conditioner.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:38pm
It's not buildup, Marie. I hadn't even put anything on it yet other than the Goldwell conditioner . I did try soem Oscar blandi serum on a section and that seemed to weigh it down and cause it to be more stiff. And Phytolisse didn't seem to do much either. So I figured I'd ask some advice from yall with experience w/ different hair types. I was hoping I could wear the hair w/ little or no product since it's not that curly anyway, so I didn't think it would need all the moisture like NG 3b curly. I want it to have more shine and hold curl definition (what little curl there is).  I was trying to stay away from the heavy products, but maybe that's what it needs??
K-B
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 5:39pm
These are the products I use on all the curly Indian
textures…..which I really like. Some do weigh down more than
others but these are my choices. I am also looking into the
drops Marie mentioned…J Beverly Hills Shine drops. (Thanks
Marie).

Shampoo & conditioner……
Nexxus Moisturizing Therappe Shampoo and Humectress
Moisturizing Conditioner

Matrix-Biolage Ultra- Hydrating Shampoo & Ultra- Hydrating
Balm (for coarse,thick hair types)

Purology Hydrate Shampoo & Hydrate Conditioner

Oyin Handmade Hair Products- Honey Hemp Conditioner
http://www.oyinhandmade.com
(OT….they have the best honey lip balm EVER!!)

Moisturizers….
Scurl “No Drip” Acivator (Luster’s)

Curly Buttercreme (Miss Jessie’s)
http://www.curve-salon.com

Mango Butter (Elasta QP)

Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk
Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter
http://www.carolsdaughter.com

Curl Definition…
Curly Pudding (Miss Jessie’s)

Curly Meringue (Miss Jessie’s)

Bouncy Crème-Control-texture energizer (ISO)

KMS Curl Up Curling Balm

Shine…..
Biosilk Therapy (Farouk)

Biolage Shine Renewal Spray (Matrix)

Leave-In Conditioners….
Salerm 21 Leave In Conditioner

ApHOGEE Pro-Vitamin Leave In

Infusium 23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 6:57pm
Thanks SAS! I do have majority of items on your list. And i tried some Curly Pudding on it last night and thought that did what I wanted it to do, but I still wanted advice before I end up out one nite with a head of boofy hair. Cry. Now, i never had much luck with the KMS curling balm when using on IH? How do u apply that, do u apply it when the hair is more dry than wet?  What do you get when u use the SCurl product? Seem like that would be greasy?? non? I have CD hair milk , but I think it's 'spoilt' lol.
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 7:41pm
I apply the KMS curl up balm on towel dried hair. I do often add
a tiny drop of Biosilk along with any other product I use. I find I
get a deep shiny curl afterwards with this combo. With the Scurl
I get a lovely soft bouncy moisturized curl (not greasy at all) this
product is on par with ISO bouncy ….but ISO bouncy is about
$22 a bottle while Scurl is like $4.99…..they come out the same
light bouncy curls!! I like how light the Scurl and Bouncy are
afterwards. I think these two products are the lightest on the
hair overall.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 8:46pm
There's another product I have been meaning to try......
Baby Oil Gel.....i know Afropuffs liked it alot....I forgot all about
this product.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 9:59pm
yeah i got some of that baby oil gel (in lavender, yum) after reading recommendations on another hair board. It kinda makes the hair sticky tho and any lint flying by (or cat hair, as i'm sure u can relate), seemed to stick in my hair. I wasn't using a lot, but maybe still using too much??

EDIT: BTW, i'm trying to get they juicy curly look Chili (from TLC) is sporting now on their reality show R U the Girl. That looks like NG hair, but I'm trying to get it w/ EPlus (since that's what i have in now). I want it to still be light and bouncy tho.

Edited by Koffee Brown
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 10:39pm
Koffee~you might want to check out ouidads
products………she’s the curl girl!!
http://www.ouidad.com/
Love her site!!

I had my eye on the Curl Quencher gel and Tress FX

You might want to check out some of these sites for
products…..
http://naturallycurly2.com/home/index.php
http://www.curlfriends.com/
http://www.healthyhairplus.com/curly-hair.htm
http://www.africanwonders.com/products.html
http://www.alternative-beauty.com/curly-hair.html
http://www.frizzoff.com/home.php

Edited by Save~A~Stray

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 12:05am
Great links SAS. Thanks again!
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 1:54pm
SAS: is this the Biosilk you are talking about? this is the one I have currently

Silk Therapy Treatment

K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 3:03pm
Yip Koffee...that's it!! Love this stuff!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic