Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RK update and photo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 9:09pm

let us know how it works out. 

I looked at Sally's last night and almost bought the Aphogee, but was a little scared of the whole "once dry, don't touch the hair as it wil break" thing.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 6:33am
Aphogee was a big seller in the late 80's early 90's. When we were all coloring and perming are hair. Talk about fryed! It feels like dryed egg whites. But it dose rinse out not like they said about the other one.
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 7:31am
Does it do a good job?  Can you notice a diff. after the treatment?  I slept in Olive Oil last night, I look like a total greese ball this morning!  I am afraid to look at my pillow
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 9:38am
I love the aphogee
I use it relatively often since I beat the crap out of my hair (natural and otherwise)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 9:56am

Originally posted by gsmilie gsmilie wrote:

Does it do a good job?  Can you notice a diff. after the treatment?  I slept in Olive Oil last night, I look like a total greese ball this morning!  I am afraid to look at my pillow

Hi Gsmilie,

I used to sleep in Olive Oil all the time until I switched to jojoba (which works so much better for me).  I used to destroy pillow cases with the oil and sometimes it would seep down into my pillows.  eeeehhhhhh.  Anyway, I bought a really cheap but thick beach towel at Target and then made custom pillowcases.  I would cover the actual pillow with Saran or similar wrap and then carefully pull the beach towel pillow case over that.  That ended the stains and yuckiness because I could just remove the towel and wash.

Also, I used to have a hard time getting the oil out of my hair.  Someone at HairTalk told me to put just a little bit of concentrated shampoo into the palm of my hand, wet my hair down really well and then pat the full strength shampoo along my bangs and crown and then turn water on to help forms suds.  That did the trick and cut right through the olive oil. 

I really don't have that problem with the jojoba, which is part of why I switched.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 12:04pm

Marie, looks beautiful!

I'm yet to use my RK b/c of the "tangle issues" So, I'm definately gonna give the Olive oil a shot!

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 1:37pm
It's been so long since I used it I don't eaven remeber if it had much efect. Looks like Mocha has you covered on that since she has tryed it more recently. Thanks Gina, I did cut at least 6 inches off it too. I wish I had known about the oil befor I cut it! Where can you buy jojoba oil? 
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 5:56pm
Hi Marie!  Your install looks fab!  I like that length, looks very natural!
sansconformist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansconformist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 6:31pm
You can get jojoba oil from most natural food stores, but if there's not one near you check Ebay Stores for soap making supplies. Many have great prices on a a variety of oils.
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 6:59pm
Thank's I am going to try that for sure! Bridget thanks for the compliment : ) I keep ordering 20 inch hair but I seem to end up here in the end.
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 8:58pm
drugstore.com also sells 100% jojoba oil
K-B
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic