Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introduction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduction
    Posted: August 24 2005 at 5:39pm
Hello everyone!

I found this site today, looks like a friendly place! 

My hair info: naturally wavy, medium to dark blonde depending on sun exposure, thick and very densely populated!  I used to wear it waist length without layers/bangs/dyes etc.  I kept it that way for a good 10 years.  Then about 3 years ago I chopped it ALL off into one of those short funky spiky cuts.  I kept it short for about 2 years and decided about a year ago that it was time to grow it back. 

My hair grows insanely fast, partly one of the reasons I decided to let it grow again.  It's just too expensive for me to keep a short style.  It's already mid-back length but I still have some layers that I need to have cut out.  I also have some residual color growing out, I was dyeing it red which has now faded to a strawberry blonde, not actually a terrible color to be honest.

About a month ago I switched to a -cone free conditioner-only method of haircare and I plan to use BS/ACV rinses about once a month.  I use aloe gel to help my waves become curls and pretty much threw out my other styling products and brushes.  In just a month I've already noticed a difference.

Anyway, it looks like I'm in good company here, I look forward to chatting and learning from everyone.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 7:11pm

Welcome Delenn! Sounds like you have a very hair friendly routine.  I also liked reading your descriptor of "densely populated". That made me laugh  Your hair sounds very beautiful - I have a soft spot for people with waves and curls.

Hope to see you often.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 7:41pm
I agree, you have the situation well under control and the only thing left for me to say is

Hi, I'm Robert from Michigan a long time member here and other similar sites.
It's nice to have you here.
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 8:43pm
Thank you for the welcomes! :) 

Anais, first, I love your name!  Second, I checked out your website, wow!  Very well done, I wish I had found it sooner!  BIG thank you for the links to the hairsticks site, one of the best things about letting my hair grow again is being able to use my hairsticks!    I have an heirloom set from somewhere in Asia that was purchased in the 1930's or 40's. (according to "family legend" anyway)  But the ones on that site were yummy, can't wait for payday now.  ;)
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 7:21am
Welcome Delenn!  (Does your name come from Babylon 5?)

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 9:13pm
Welcome to the boards, Delenn!  Your hair sounds lovely... will you show us a picture soon?
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 6:43am

Welcome Dolenn,  the people are nice here you should enjoy it here.

Star

Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 6:15am
Yupyup, I'm a huge B5 geek. 

I should be able to rustle up a hair pic in the next few days. =)
Paulbob View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 10:17pm

Delenn welcome to the Hairtalk message board and don't worry about being a B5 geek because I am a bigger geek especially being a huge Star Trek, Star Wars and B5 fan

Paulbob

Edited by Paulbob
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 7:11am
Me too!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 8:12pm
Welcome Delenn! 

Wow, your hair grows fast!  How long do you plan to let it grow?
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 8:49am

People tease me because it grows so fast, they ask if I drink Miracle-Gro plant food or something.  I'm not sure what my ultimate goals are but right now I'm aiming for at least waist length, which is where it was when I cut it the last time. 

Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 1:22pm

Delenn, I was just rereading your intro post and I'm wondering... does the aloe gel really work for curls, like a regular hair gel only more natural?  And what kind do you use?

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 2:09pm

I think it works.  On days when I've used it my curls seem more defined than on days when I forget.  And it's wonderful for when you need to do a quick water spritz to wake up your hair and then scrunch a little gel on the ends.  I don't get the overly-crunchy effect that I would get with regular styling products or any of the stickiness or buildup.

I use Fruit of the Earth, I usually find it in the sunburn section of my local chain drugstore.  Just be sure to get one that's pure aloe gel, clear, and fragrance free.

Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 4:40pm
Here's a recent pic, it's somewhat straighter than usual and the lighting in the bathroom gives it a strange tone, but there we are: 
http://users.adelphia.net/~jilldelv/septhair.JPG

Edit: fixed the link

Edited by Delenn
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 5:05pm
Ooooh, pretty!    Thank you Delenn for sharing with us a picture of your beautiful long hair. 
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 4:14am
You have beautifull hair Delenn 
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 4:31pm

WOW! Beautiful long waves there! I really like the color.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic