Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question for Amm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for Amm
    Posted: August 25 2005 at 2:20pm

I wanted to know how the bee's wax tips held up. I have  a lot of hair to tip this weekend for a couple of link installs and wanted to try this instead of the latex and nail glue. Did you test them out yet?

Thank's Amm!

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 9:34pm
Yah, I tested. They ooze and melt if your install involves a heat
wand in any way. Even nail glue over the tip didn't safeguard it from
mixing in with the hair. The mess is not something I want to deal with
again. They do the typical mash and spread under a pair of pliers for
rings.

I wish it would've worked because the tipping was easier than
anything else I've tried.
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 6:22am

Thank's Amm, I wish it had worked too. I am searching but can not find the wax chips that eurolocks use to send me! It wasn't regular wax. I think it was some sort of siclicone.  There are a lot of tips made that way out there but I can't figure out what product it is!!! I tryed to melt my kertain sticks in the melting pot I bought but the pot just isn't hot enough : ( If you run across these chips let me know girl!

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 6:28am
maybe a small crock pot would work?
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 7:02am
Good idea Kalika!
sansconformist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansconformist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 1:57am
There is a micro-crystalline wax that sculptors us which has a higher melting point than beeswax. I've been meaning to play with it. You may want to check it out though, if you're curious. I'm sure any art supply place would carry it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic