Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you pronounce Bohyme?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you pronounce Bohyme?
    Posted: August 26 2005 at 11:24pm

So according to the Bohyme website there is a dealer only 26 miles away from me. Clover Beauty Supply they are called, so I want to call them and ask them if they sell to the public and also see if they have hand tied and the colour I want, prices etc etc... so I can avoid shipping and also have instant gratification, but I don't know how to pronounce it! i don't want to sound like a complete chode when I call, any of you ladies know the proper way to say it? Is it Bo-hime, Bo-heem, Bo-him, or Bo-hem? Or something different...

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 11:43pm
Bo-heem
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 3:38pm

The man that owns the local hair store around here pronounces it  BO-HEM-ME 

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 5:04pm

I think he's wrong in his pronunciation.  Of course, I could be wrong too, but I'm pretty sure that's the way you say it. 

Anyone else have opinions?

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 5:44pm
I've only heard it said aloud recently and I heard BO - HEEM
It threw me off at first.  I'd always thought it was BO - HIME but I had no basis for this. 
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 12:20am

My NYC friends pronouce it with 3 syllables.

When I order it, they say it with 3 syllables too.  Been saying it like this for over 5 years now.  But I don't know 

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 5:10pm
ha ha, this is funny!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic