Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

classes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pisceschica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pisceschica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: classes
    Posted: August 27 2005 at 12:28am
I am thinking about taking a hairlocs class in October and I was wondering and hoping if there was anyone in here that has been to any of the classes and could give me their opinion of the system, class, and whatever else you would like to comment on.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 1:29am

hi-

i am a certifed stylist in Hairlocs.

Are u a liscensed stylist? and lastly, where abouts are u located>?

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 5:52am
I am certifed with euro locks which is the same thing. I would save your money. You can get the shells at a couple diferent places like www.hairpiece.com . Order there pro tools or get them at www.hairextensiontools.com. I know longer crimp my shells and I see less damage this way. You can get nice pre tiped hair at www.extensions-plus.com called EZ plugs or tip your own do a search on this site for that. You will save a lot of cash and we can help you with questions regaurding install.

Edited by marie87

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pisceschica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 10:15am
Originally posted by TanglesRC TanglesRC wrote:

hi-

i am a certifed stylist in Hairlocs.

Are u a liscensed stylist? and lastly, where abouts are u located>?

Of course I'm a licensed stylist, thats one of the requirements for the class. I am located in nothern virginia.  I would like to do it this year to get lots of practice in and to save money on travel because I can drive to the one in new york on october 27 I don' thave the money to fly. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pisceschica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 11:13am

Originally posted by marie87 marie87 wrote:

I am certifed with euro locks which is the same thing. I would save your money. You can get the shells at a couple diferent places like www.hairpiece.com . Order there pro tools or get them at www.hairextensiontools.com. I know longer crimp my shells and I see less damage this way. You can get nice pre tiped hair at www.extension-plus.com called EZ plugs or tip your own do a search on this site for that. You will save a lot of cash and we can help you with questions regaurding install.

Thanks. . the last link didn't work for me.  But I would like to know more about both of your experiences with the class and what you thought of it from teachers to how well you thought their instruction was or was not.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 11:43am

I fixed the link If you go on the tool site there is a section that shows you how to install. I have been doing extensions for 12 years so alot of info was the same as with any extension. class. Ya know, who you should do and not do, partings and such.. But if you have never had a class at all then one would give you the basics. I like  being able to do diferent methods and not being tied to a company for hair. Shells are very easy to do. I never push them up as they teach. I like useing a fresh shell unchiped or the color worn off. So alot of what they taught I don't do. I think I would spend my money on a class that teaches a few methods ( someone on here took one like that recently). That is what I did when I frist started. It was a week long. I learned enough that if someone said what do you know about this method I could answer them. then you can choose what you want to go with. I think I know of some one in Texas if you want. Otherwise look around.

Edit : here is a class with more thn one method www.hairextension.com  go to training.

Edited by marie87
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 1:37am
If I knew about EP for pretips and HP for tubes, darn it, I would have saved a fortune!  And I could have used that savings for some good advertising since EuroLocs never gave me business after taking their class back in 1996.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pisceschica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 1:24pm

Thanks for the heads up on the cheaper products and supplies but I really would like to know what kind of experience you had with the class. Like how helpful were they? Did they answer any and all questions you had to your satisfaction? Did they give any kind of support after the class? How big are the classes generally?  What is your opinion of the overall experience with this company?

thanks

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 2:13pm

Originally posted by pisceschica pisceschica wrote:

What is your opinion of the overall experience with this company?thanks

Chica-

I took my Easy Hair, now known as EuroLocs, class back in 1996 and paid $1600.  So things may have changed.  What I was given was 5 minutes of technical, the kit, and lunch- that's it.  The inventor was Blonde and Braun who selected 2 hair replacement studios in the US to teach the method.  Which is why I did not have a great experience b/c I was bounced to so many different distributors who knew nothing but bald heads.  So the answer is NO to all of your questions.  If they would have hired the right distributors and patented their unique invention, that company would have skyrocketed and we as 'certified techs' would have reap reward$.  Now there are many other companies copying their method and many former distributors and curious stylists, like yourself, can get it or teach it for CHEAP!

HairLocs inventor was a former distributor for EuroLocs.  So like what Marie said- THEY ARE THE SAME THING, but HairLocs has more choices.  What I don't like about {I won't mention the name} is that they tell their students to tell their customers that 'glue is bad', 'look at this pic this is what glue did, it damaged her hair', 'this hair is the best that money can buy', blah, blah, blah...- NOT TRUE!!!

I've been a professional hair extensionist for over 17 years now and 99% of my business is dedicated only to hair augmentation.  I am not a regular cut and color salon.  But I can tell you, from a lic. cosmetologist to a lic. cosmetologist, you'd be better off spending your money and charging your clients from the low budgets to the high profiles on PATENTED methods. 

Some of the classes I believe was worth it were Great Lengths, Shrink Links, Micropoint Links, ProStyles, to name a few......

For reusable hair, I wish I had discovered www.markbarrington.com back in 1996!

If you feel like a big spender on a metal method, then go with the HairLocs not the EuroLocs.

Whatever you decide- we're here to help!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pisceschica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 7:28pm

But I can tell you, from a lic. cosmetologist to a lic. cosmetologist, you'd be better off spending your money and charging your clients from the low budgets to the high profiles on PATENTED methods. 

What do you mean by this ^? I haven't seen any information on classes for greatlengths on their website, would you know where to find info?

I'm flustered overwhelmed w/ all this information , don't know where to start, but I guess I'll just look around and ask when I need to. The thing is right now I'm limited in time and how far I can travel to take classes and would like to get started as soon as possible in order to get ALOT of practice in.

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 8:04pm

Originally posted by pisceschica pisceschica wrote:

What do you mean by this ^? I haven't seen any information on classes for greatlengths on their website, would you know where to find info?

Chica- listen, b4 you take any classes, you must attend a beauty show so you can see the systems for yourself.  Do a search on 'beauty shows' or something. 

With GL call 800-999-0809 and tell them to send you info.  With Shrink Links their # is on their website www.markbarrington.com  The www.micropointlink.com # is also on their site.

Patented methods are sold only to lic. cosmetologists.  It's more advance.

I have to say the closest method to the Locs are the Shrink Links b/c you can reuse the hair.  Not only that, and this is my favorite, you can use WHATEVER HAIR , your clients desire!!!  Cause for one thing, some of my clients do not like Indian temple hair {used in GL}.  It has something to do with their religion.  And with the Locs, some clients don't like discoloration f/x on the metals.  And you are recommended to buy their hair and shells.

I'd say from a pro to a pro, go with the SL to get your feet wet.   They will teach you their seamless method in addition to their strand by strand.

Here are some pics- MICROPOINT

GREAT LENGTHS-

SHRINK LINKS-

GOOD LUCK!!!

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 8:17pm

Chica- I forgot to send you the seamless pic.  I learned it in the SL class too!  Sorry these are not humans , I have not done any humans yet.   I just took the class last month

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 8:18pm

i have to say Marie, i agree with everything you said!

do your research and dont rush into it or you might waste lots of money- check out all the methods before u commit to a class.

good luck~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pisceschica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 8:28pm
I guess I'll just do some more research thanks for everything ..
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 5:09am
Thanks Tangles, I have been thinking about giving a class like the one I took. I have talked about it with one of the schools here I just need to get orginized. Sort of a ex 101.  I do agree with Cyber MB is one I would love to take. I have seen there links and love em! Whish Calif. wasn't so far away!
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 11:35am

my experience with classes-

they teach u the basics after that its up to u to master the tenique with trial and error and experience.

when hairlocs first came out, no one could copy them, now there is lots of competion and same if not better quality and srvc.

check out the links that marie posted as well.

Edited by TanglesRC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic