Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP ME PLEASE!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sweetfoxyroxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetfoxyroxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP ME PLEASE!!
    Posted: August 29 2005 at 8:55am

I NEED HELP! MY HAIR LOOKS STUPID.  I WANTED MICRO BRAIDS AND I GOT SMALL-MEDIUM SIZED BRAIDS.

I AM WHITE AND NEEDED EXTENSIONS TO GROW MY HAIR OUT AND I HAVE TO PULL MY HAIR IN A TIGHT BUN EVERYDAY FOR WORK BUT COULDN'T GET ALL MY HAIR IN A BUN WITHOUT A LOT OF PRODUCTS SO I OPTED FOR MICRO BRAIDS WHICH WOULD HAVE LOOKED GOOD, BUT NOW AT WORK EVERYONE IS SAYING MY HAIR IS NOT ACCEPTABLE/PROFESSIONAL (I AM IN THE MILITARY AND THEY ARE STRICT ON HAIR STANDARDS) BECAUSE THE BRAIDS ARE SO BIG (PLUS THEY REALLY LOOK SCRAGGLY AND UNEVEN FRAYED)

I PAID THIS GIRL $250 AND SINCE ALL THE ONES IN THE BACK ARE COMING OUT SHE IS GOING TO REBRAID THEM TONIGHT...

IS IT FAIR FOR ME TO ASK HER TO TAKE ALL THE HAIR OUT AND HAVE HER PUT WEAVE IN OR EVEN JUST TAKE IT OUT AND ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK? WHEN I LEFT THE NIGHT SHE PUT IT IN I TOLD HER I WAS OK WITH IT BUT NOW IT IS FALLING OUT 4 DAYS LATER.

niftygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niftygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 9:51am
If the job was that poor, I see no reason why you couldn't ask for your money back. She may not want to give it all, since she did do the labor but it doesn't sound like she really knows what she's doing if they are so bad. I'd ask to have them removed and money back. I wouldn't have her do a plan B on me at all.
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 9:52am

Originally posted by sweetfoxyroxie sweetfoxyroxie wrote:

IS IT FAIR FOR ME TO ASK HER TO TAKE ALL THE HAIR OUT AND HAVE HER PUT WEAVE IN OR EVEN JUST TAKE IT OUT AND ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK? WHEN I LEFT THE NIGHT SHE PUT IT IN I TOLD HER I WAS OK WITH IT BUT NOW IT IS FALLING OUT 4 DAYS LATER.

Hi- Sorry to hear that

Leaving the salon's premise and happily paying equals - A HAPPY CLIENT.  You felt the size of the braids during the entire install.  And installs take a very long time.  During that 4-8 or so hour job, I would have OPENED MY MOUTH and tell her "I need you to make the braids smaller", Plus weren't you looking at yourself in the mirror while you were having lunch or bathroom breaks?  So therefore, I would NOT ask for my money back. 

However 4 days later is very alarming.  You should have gotten a good 8-12 weeks that's ONLY if they were PROPERLY installed and maintained.  I would tell her to fix it for $0.

Now, having her remove this whole method and then reinstall a whole new different method- then you have to pay for that brand new method or get credit towards it.

For future- get a sample to play with on your hair and test 'drive' to know for sure this is what you want before proceeding to a huge order.  And NEVER leave the salon if you are NOT 101% COMPLETELY SATISFIED.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Edited by CyberMane
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 10:00am

I PAID THIS GIRL $250 AND SINCE ALL THE ONES IN THE BACK ARE COMING OUT SHE IS GOING TO REBRAID THEM TONIGHT...

YES- GO BACK ASAP!!!  Never wait.  If you wait for more than 7 days, she'll think you are loving them.  HURRY!!!

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 11:45am

I totally agree with Charlene.  I would not refund your money, but I would fix whatever was the problem with the braids, for no additional charge.

I further agree that taking the braids out and doing a weave constitutes a new service, thus that would be a separate fee.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetfoxyroxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 9:18am

THANKS FOR THE ADVISE!!! Just to clarify, this girl that did my hair works out of a home and not in a salon.  She was doing my hair until 4 am and I have to be at work at 7:30 AM so I was sick of sitting in that hard wooden chair and wanted to go to sleep. I did not even see my hair or the size of the braids until she was completely done with the whole right side because she was braiding at the kitchen table with no mirror.

In hindsight it was very unprofessional and she lied to me about her skills when I initially met her.  But I didn't want to write all of that stuff when I first was saying all that.

HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!!! I had said earlier that she was going to fix it "tonight" that was monday.. she called me bcak real late so I told her we would have to do it tuesday.  Well I called her about 15 times and she stiffed me.  She never called me back.  It is so immature!  So because the braids were all frayed and falling out I took them all out last night.  Is it fair to ask for a full refund now that she stiffed me?

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 5:38pm
Live and learn This person is not going to refund your money. I think next time you will ask to see the work frist or at least Get a referal from someone who has used this person. Just one of lifes hard lessons.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 8:16pm
I agree with Marie, even if you asked for a refund at this point, you probably won't get it.  I don't know if you have any legal recourse, since this person is not a licensed professional.  Maybe small claims court?
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 8:58pm

I am so sorry to hear that, Foxy

It reminds of a my friend who bought a 'rolex' for $80 after I talked him out of it!!!

Next time, do yourself a favor, and go to the salons.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetfoxyroxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 6:55am

SHE FINALLY CALLED ME BACK LAST NIGHT. SHE SAID SHE FELL ASLEEP AND WAS SUPPOSED TO WAKE UP AND DIDN'T UNTIL THE MORNING.

ANYWAYS.. SHE SAID SHE WILL REDO MY HAIR WITH A DIFFERENT STYLE FOR NO CHARGE.  SHE SUGGESTED DOING A SEW IN WEAVE.

I AM PRETTY SCEPTICAL THAT IT WILL LOOK GOOD FROM HER SKILLS OR LACK THERE OF.  BUT WHAT DOES EVERYONE THING MY BEST OPTION FOR HAIR EXTENSIONS IS REGARDLESS FOR WHO IS DOING THEM.

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 5:02pm
You may not like the sew in either (bulky).  Have a track sewn in and like Charlene said "test drive" the method first.
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 8:56pm

I AM PRETTY SCEPTICAL

Trust your instincts 100%!!!

GOOD LUCK

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 4:31pm

This is a shame to hear.  I agree with Metal girl and Charlene.  Also since your work didnt approve of the previous style, it may be to your advantage that you can have a refit and since she's agreed to do it for free you have nothing further to loose. 

Hope things work out for you,

Shelly

CoolAzFemale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolAzFemale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 6:19pm

where are you located?  Me being a former Marine myself, if you happen to be in Cali I know several places that can hook up micros for  a reasonable price with good work.  I also have a friend in Orange County who will travel for a reasonable fee.  I use to have her drive up to Santa Barbara every 3-4 months to do my micros and paid about $250 (AND THAT INCLUDED THE TRAVEL).  I'm in San Diego now once again, soif you're in the area let me know

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetfoxyroxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 7:05pm

no i am currently at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina (Marine also)

i will be moving to the west coast in 2007 but not yet!

for now it is a pain to grow my hair out (you know how the Marines are about hair and everything else!) that's why i was thinking micros would have been the best option but i will try the sew in.. she is doing it over this labor day weekend

Edited by sweetfoxyroxie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolAzFemale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 7:14pm
Oh I kno w what you mean.  When I was in, I had a Gunny try and tell me that my my micros were unauthorized!!!  You have no idea how quickly I ran and gor the regs just to proove him wrong!!!!  The sew in should be okay, but make sure its long enough to put in a bun w/out the tracks showing.... might want to leave a little of your hair out in the back just for that purpose...unless you wer the bun low.  good luck to ya!  And I should still be here in '07  =)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetfoxyroxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 7:35pm

are you white and they told you you couldn't have micros?

when i got the "supposed to be micros" small-medium braids in, everyone had a fit.  all the guys were like "oh god! what did you do to your hair?!?"  male Marines are so retarted! they have no idea how to talk to a girl!

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 11:01pm
I just want to say I have total respect for  any military personnal, especially 2 kick ass girl Marines!  That's so cool!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolAzFemale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 5:15pm

Foxy-- Nope, not white , so nobody else really had anything to say about the micros.  He was just one of those former grunts that "knew everything"....I can kinda see people giving you a little grief, for the simple fact that most people aren't use to seeing white girls w/braids, you'll definately catch a little slack for it....  a lot of black girls will look at you crazy.  (I'll be the first to admit thats what I did years ago when I first saw a white girl with micros...only cuz it was considered a "cultural thing" but now everybody and their momma has braids so its no big deal)  but they'll get over it especially if you get them hooked up the right way!!!!  =)  Then all they'll say is DAAAAAANNNNG GIRL, WHO DID YOUR HAIR?!?!

THANKS METALGIRL!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic