Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Conair Quick Extensions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conair Quick Extensions?
    Posted: August 29 2005 at 10:35am

I've seen this item in the stores and also on Ebay... has anyone tried using the small wand in it for attaching shrinkies? just wondering if it gets hot enough etc... I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to having to buy a fusion wand, I just dont have that kind of $$ right now!

~Jenn~

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 4:27pm

Jenn...I posted this in another thread but Ill post it here too...several people have purchased this wand and been satisfied. And its IDENTICAL to one that I have that I paid alot more money for

http://salon.wimexbeauty.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=C TGY&Category_Code=7705

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 7:27pm

Bad news....Conair discontinued this product.  It was not popular at all and just didn't sell.  So if you can find one...snap it up because they will be gone from the planet soon...if not already.

We had a ton of these last Christmas but traded them in because they were not moving at all.  If only I had known.  :-(

Edited by Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 6:08pm

So Karen do you know if the wand that comes in the Quick Extensions kit would work for fusion and shrinkie installation? IVe seen these on Ebay and also Big Lots which is a closeout chain, so if it looks like it will work I may go ahead and buy one. Thanks for answering...

~Jenn~

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 6:14pm

Hi Imzadi,

I have heard from several people that it does work.  If you can buy it cheap I would try it out.  Conair thought this was going to be a huge seller but it basically bombed with the public.  I personally thought it was a great tool and a great way to get a taste of extension art without a lot of money or damage to the hair.  However, I think it was a little too sophisticated for the target market which was tweens.  I am very impressed with Conair.  They constantly come up with hot new hair tools designed for the average consumer.

Hope that helps.
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Playful_Tigger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Playful_Tigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 4:34pm

Hi.. I just wanted to let you know that I have this kit.I found that it will attach the hair it comes with but is only one sided heat. When trying to use with shrinkies all it does is get them hot and flatten them NO GOOD!! I had better luck touching the shrinkies with my curling iron to get them to shrink. But this is just my opinion!

Hope this helps! 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic