Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any Good Dyes??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XxToTheEndxX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxToTheEndxX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Good Dyes??
    Posted: August 30 2005 at 5:41pm

Okay I have natural red hair and i dyed my hair w/ semi-permanent black, which my i add actually looked really good, But it was a pain in the butt to get back to my red and i finally have, but i like having the black hair sometimes so i was wondering if any one knows of and good Temporary dyes (Maniac panic i know is good but unfortuanyly semi permanent and im not going through that again!) that i could dye it with... and if any one knows of any dye that happens to have really good unnatural colors that would be awesome too (what can i say i have a addiction to wild colors...)

Thank you very much!  

<3 Khrystle

~*.Sticks and Stones will break my bones...But my words will forever burn you.*~
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 12:34am

Well, there are always the sprays and gels that come out in one wash. . .

More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxToTheEndxX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 10:46am
Tru tru, but thos get reeeeeaaally sticky and yucky feeling, well all the ones ive tried before have atleast.
~*.Sticks and Stones will break my bones...But my words will forever burn you.*~
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 1:12am

Actually ask any manic panic crazy hair color fan and they'll swear its temporary. Otherwise u should def. try loreal color pulse

Edited by Veronica F

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxToTheEndxX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 1:27am

thanks you very much that should help alot, i  never used maniac panic but ive heard of it and dyed other ppls hair w/ it but i never realized how long it lasts cuz they always had someone re do it for them, ive used loreal color pulse but it kind makes my hair look purple, not alot but i just kinda noticed it..

Thank you!!!

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 3:26am

How long Manic Panic (or those other semi-perm dyes you can buy at Hot Topic) lasts depends on what your hair is like to start with.  It'll last a lot longer if you bleach your hair first.  You don't even have to bleach it pale-- I know someone who just used a lighter dye and it made the stuff stick pretty well.  It fades, though, if you don't touch it up.  Hers went from a kinda forest-y green to something more like moss before it washed out.  I forget exactly how long it took to wash out.  I used Special Effects on my natural hair, and it didn't last like forever, but it was visible for a week or two.  *shrugs*  It started out something like a cherry-red, and faded to a bit of a pinkish-red tint in certain light, before it just went back natural.  I've also dyed my hair with Kool-Aid before.  On natural hair, it'll stay maybe a day or two before it fades out, but it lasts like forever on bleached hair (er, I'm bad at bleaching, so my hair turned strawberry-blonde. . . over which I put blue Kool-Aid. . . which turned green -_- . . . and so didn't wash out for ages. . .).  Of course, that was probably way more information than you wanted, but you get the point ^_^ .

More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic