Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

overprocessed hair...protien packs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tinfoiltrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinfoiltrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: overprocessed hair...protien packs
    Posted: September 03 2005 at 6:00pm
I've heard that protien packs and/or fortified shampoos and conditioners are a good way to help prevent further damage to overprocessed hair. Does anyone have any comments about their usefulness, any suggestions about good brands, etc? i researched it and came up with this one reconstructer that warns it has the potential to cause further drying and damage. Is there any protien reconstructer that is safer?
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 6:36am
When someone's hair is overprocessed you need to deep condition the hair often....even daily until that hair grows out. The damage never goes away but the deep conditioning of the hair will help prevent further damage to the cuticle layer of the hair, snarls, knots, that straw type feeling that overprocessed hair feels like. Deep condition it let it grow out until you are at a comfortable length then cut it off the damaged parts that is.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 9:46pm

Protein treatments work wonders on overprocessed hair. It is true, once hair is damage you can't undamage it, but you can buffer the damage as well as prevent it from getting worst. I have a friend who has relaxed, color treated nappy hair. She went to a salon and they talked her into getting highlights. Instead of using color they bleached her hair and then colored the highlights. HELLO! bleach? on relaxed hair?. They totally destroyed the cutticle of her hair. Her hair was so damaged it was unable to hold permanent color on the hair that had been highlighted. Her hair started to break from the roots. She had been going through this nightmare for a few months when one day she showed up at my house with green hair. She didn't know that when hair has been treated with bleach you can not use semi-permanent dark colors, because the color will blead out and all that will be left is the base, which in this case was green. I treated her hair with Sebastian 2+1 protein treatment. Then deep condition her hair with a heat cap for 30 min. She insisted I died her hair with permanent color, which I didn't want to do, but she refused to walk around with green hair. So I finally caved in. I condition her hair one more time after coloring it. I put in a mixture of Sebastian potion 9, Redken heat glide and Redken all soft addictive hair transformer, and blow dried her hair. Then added some more heat glide and flat ironed it with my Sedu flat iron. Well she couln't believe it. It looked as if she had a brand new head of hair. Her hair was soft shiny and healthy looking. It looked so good, that she was calling me the next day, because people wanted to know if I could do their hair. The protein treatment stoped the hair breakage, and made her hair able to hold on to color again. We have been using it once a month since then, along with the deep conditioning treatments, and her hair is beautifull, and she could not be happier.

So if your hair is overprocessed go for the protein. If it could help my friends hair, it will work for anybody. Joico K-Pak reconstructor is also a very good protein treatment, and so is Redken extreme deep fuel. Remember to deep condition after the protein treatment, otherwise your hair will feel like straw.

Edited by Sharyg11
Lesley998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesley998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 3:57pm
Try anything by L'Anza.  Fabulous products. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic