Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Face shape and reccommend a style..please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Face shape and reccommend a style..please
    Posted: September 11 2005 at 2:20pm

Hello! I was wondering what shape my face might be. Below is a pic of me.

Also I need to cut my hair. It looks "unstyled" and shaggy to my mom and sisters. I kinda agree. It's been a year since I cut my hair and I want a new look. (It was very short!) I just don't know what to do with it. My hair is kind of wavy. The ends tend to get curly and my hair does what it wants 90% of the time. So ideas anyone? 

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 4:37pm

I haven't a clue about face shape, but for some reason I think you'd look good in a pixie. You might want to get a second opinion though.

You have gorgeous eyes!

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 9:49pm
That's short hair? Been there done that...I kept getting mistaken for a guy almost every single day. I guess it's because I don't wear much makeup. 
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 12:24am
If you think it looks shaggy then perhaps a one length bob type style could help? Something around chin length. You already have the front & sides at the right length but perhaps you can get the back evened up with it so it doesn't look as grown out and more like a fresh cut?

If you go to a store like Walmart and go to the magazine aisle (not the checkouts) you will find quite few magazines for hairstyles. Titles like short hair or hairdo ideas. These magazines are full of styles. But most have only b&w pictures.

You can look through these magazines and find not only cuts that you do like but also cuts that you don't like. You might find bangs on one model that you want to go with a cut on another page? Or maybe you like the layers on another model but want your hair longer or shorter?

Having visual aids to point out both your likes and dislikes will help you get something good.

You can also find some styles up top if you drop down the hairstyles menu.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 9:43am

I've actually been looking online for a hairstyle that looks like I can just dry and go with little styling. My hair always ends up doing what it wants.  Maybe because it's both wavy and thick! I saw a few styles I liked and they look all the same just different lengths and hair types. What ya think?

LoVeLyLiNdSaY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoVeLyLiNdSaY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 9:51am
hey- i think your face shape looks like an oval or a heart shape :) i also think you would look good with shaggy looking hair :) get bangs and swoop them over and straiten them on the side :) that would look awesome on you!!!
-:|:- LoVeLyLiNdSaY -:|:-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 10:43am

Do you know how they get the shaggy effect in the above picture? I tried with little sucess when I had short hair. I used texturizer stuff but my hair always ended up greasy and the only tiny pieces of hair would stick together instead of big chunks like in the pic. 

LoVeLyLiNdSaY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoVeLyLiNdSaY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 11:36am
use wax products that you can buy at the beauty salon and you just put them on the tips and it works really good. try that :) redkin is the best i think :)
-:|:- LoVeLyLiNdSaY -:|:-
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 2:04pm

Originally posted by always_alone always_alone wrote:

That's short hair? Been there done that...I kept getting mistaken for a guy almost every single day. I guess it's because I don't wear much makeup. 

Now that you mention not wearing much makeup, I take back the pixie idea. Somehow it works better for someone who does wear makeup. I still think your eyes are pretty though. Edited to add: Have you considered growing your hair long with sideswept bangs?

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 6:59am
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

Originally posted by always_alone always_alone wrote:

Now that you mention not wearing much makeup, I take back the pixie idea. Somehow it works better for someone who does wear makeup. I still think your eyes are pretty though. Edited to add: Have you considered growing your hair long with sideswept bangs?

Yes...but I get impatient at times.  I think I'll get it trimmed and style it then continue to let it grow out from there.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 3:09pm
Oh and does anyone have links to the messy hairstyle is done. It would help tons! 

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic